POLL: What do you think will be the opening day for SWGE - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by DisneyMom93, Jan 8, 2019.

?

What do you think will be the opening day for Galaxy's Edge?

1. OCT 2019 - Any Saturday in Oct

22 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. NOV 2 - The Saturday after Halloween

30 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. NOV 9-23 Any Saturday before Thanksgiving

68 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. NOV 30 - The Saturday after Thanksgiving

48 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. DEC 7-21 - Any Saturday in Dec before Xmas

82 vote(s)
    31.3%
  6. JAN 2020 on - I think they will hold off until after Xmas and NYE

12 vote(s)
    4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

The "date" for SWGE opening is Fall 2019. Anyone have any opinions on which day it will open? And why?

I chose Saturday because that's when Pandora and Toy Story Land opened.

(I've never done this before... I hope I did it right.) :blush:

2. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I voted for the Saturday after Halloween.......and why? Because I want it to be open for a month before we arrive so *some* of the newness has worn off :rotfl2:(like that's going to happen anytime soon)! I wouldn't mind an AP or DVC preview during the week of September 16th either ;)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

:rotfl: Maybe there should be a poll: When do you WANT SWGE to open. That's a totally different question!

robinb, twoolle, MamaJessie and 2 others like this.
  5. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I voted for any Saturday in Dec before Xmas. I think between Thanksgiving and Xmas makes the most sense. Although the last Saturday before Xmas is the first day of winter so it's not technically "Fall 2019."

But that's also what I'm hoping for! Leave November alone!

twixieshores likes this.
  6. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I think November is the safest bet.

mrsap, AnnaKat and DisneyMom93 like this.
  7. SarahSnow

SarahSnow Mouseketeer

I picked the Saturday after Halloween because another Saturday in November makes me nervous for our trip lol but either way if it's open we'll be there

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  8. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

That weekend is wine and dine so I don’t think they will back the opening against the run.

rteetz likes this.
  9. GraceMonica

GraceMonica DIS Veteran

I'm hoping December. Why? Because I'll be there at the end of October and don't really feel like dealing with those crowds.

10. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

We will be there toward the end of October and unless they have soft openings for DVC, Ap holders like they had for Pandora, I don't want to be around for the masses when SWGE opens. Happy to wait until the next year.

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  11. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

It’s really hard to say. A lot can happen between now and the end of the year. All it would take is a major hurricane to set construction back weeks or months. Plus, there could be issues that show up when DL opens their SWGE this summer that could cause changes to be made here at WDW. If nothing happens to cause construction delays, I would say right after Food and Wine ends would make sense, with that cushion before the huge holiday crowds at Christmas/New Year’s. If there are any delays I could easily see it pushed back into January.

vinotinto and DisneyMom93 like this.
  12. Jimmy Mouse

Jimmy Mouse My other car is the Monorail

Nov 30th.

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  13. HuskieJohn

HuskieJohn 3/2015-BLT & planning for 3/2020-AKL

Extremely limited previews/testing October 21st.

First hard ticket event Nov 9th.

First non hard ticket official open January 6th.

teach22180 and DisneyMom93 like this.
  14. gorkt

gorkt DIS Veteran

I picked December, mostly because I booked early November and I am hoping it isn't ready by then. I also think that there will be delays and that it is likely to push it into early December. They will want it ready to show off for the Xmas special.

My true wish is that they run soft opening while we are there and we get lucky, but I figure that is a 1/1000 chance.

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  15. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Since the lands are so similar they can use DL footage for the holiday specials if Florida isn’t ready yet. They film the holiday specials at the beginning of November, so the odds of WDW SWGE being open are a little lower than if they did a live Christmas broadcast.

choirbird and DisneyMom93 like this.
  16. Buddy40

Buddy40 Mouseketeer 1

I’m betting their target is before Thanksgiving, but will depend on construction progress. Have booked 2nd week in Dec.

Sarah1024 and DisneyMom93 like this.
  17. Breezy2

Breezy2 Earning My Ears

Voting for a Saturday in December, but, wondering if they will do it when the Annual Passes are BLOCKED for the holiday season to cut down on the crowds? Hmmmmmm.....

MamaJessie and DisneyMom93 like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralStrife

GrandAdmiralStrife DisDad #744

Episode IX opens Dec 19th. It'll be before then, because you KNOW they'll have a special ticketed event for the premiere. I say soft open is the weekend before, Thursday 12/12 at the earliest (I don't think they's soft open on a Friday, not for this)

Babsy and DisneyMom93 like this.
  19. AllThingsMickey4

AllThingsMickey4 DIS Veteran

When does everyone think they will announce the opening month? I’m thinking they announce WDW opening month on or around DL opening day. There’s 5 months between January and June and 5 months between June and November (my prediction for WDW opening month)

Anyone think there’s a chance we get an earlier announcement? I’d love to cancel 3/4 hotel reservations I have for Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec :duck:

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  20. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

I really think this will happen the first weekend of December. I will be shocked if it's before that.

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  21. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

we still don't have an opening date for DL and Iger already spilled the beans that it will be in June, I think it might be closer to 3 months

Babsy and AllThingsMickey4 like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.