~POLL TIME~ *Free Disney Dining Poll*

Are you using the DDP on your next trip?

• Heck yes, I got the free code!!

• Yes, but I'll be paying for it.

• No, I found a better deal with the room discount.

• Nope, didn't need it/ Find it a good deal

• I didn't get a code ):

• Haven't decided yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am waiting it out. Free dining for the fall should be out during summer. I have my ressie so when the free dining comes out I just call and have it applied to my account. I do pay a bit extra for one table service to be added per person per day but it's worth it to me. I ended up saving nealy $300 off my bill in Nov 2009 by doing this.

Some people don't find free dining worth it, but for my family (Only three of us are going this time) I've done the math and you really do eat a LOT of food. You can bring a box of cereal with you in your suitcase, get some milk in your resort's food court with a snack credit for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner go to a CS location. Plus you STILL have a snack credit for the day. It works out great! :goodvibes

I don't see an option that fits me. I did not get a PIN (well, I did, but only the one for regular DP when staying at Deluxe - and we never stay at Deluxe). But I booked during the general public free dining promotion that was available until 12/20/10 and booked for 8/22/11 - 8/31/11. This promotion offered regular DP at Moderates and Deluxes, so we're trying POR for the first time. ADR's made....flights just booked last weekend (using Southwest 2 flights free promotion)...VERY excited. :cool1:

I have found when tweaking a few of my ADR's that there are a surprising number of available reservations still available during my week. Which makes me think either they'll offer a general public code again OR maybe it'll be a lot less crowded than it was in prior years due to offering it so early this time around.

YAY for 2 free flights!! And hopefully the crowds for you aren't that bad, it's always so much more magical when you have some space in the park. princess:
We got the free dining pin and will be using it. Upgrading to the DDP from QSDP is possible, for those of you that feel you have to do the QS or nothing.

We decided not to upgrade to TS, due to the cost of tips. This trip, I want to eat when we're hungry and wherever we feel like it. :)

We have one OOP meal planned, for my DD's birthday while we are there. princess:
I like being able to eat whenever as well :) How exciting for DD's birthday! I'm sure it will be great!

Booked a 35% off room rates and got discounted tickets. Worked out WAY cheaper than free dining for us.
WOWZA!! 35% off AND discounted tickets? Lucky duck! :thumbsup2
We are going 5/27 to 6/4 and have free dinning ! soooo excited !! trying to keep it a secret from DD7 till Easter and its killing me !!!
Thats awesome!! I'm sure she's going to be REALLY pumped to go! :cool1:
No - staying at Fort Wilderness campsites which aren't eligible for free dining.
Sorry- maybe next trip? ;)
We got the room discount code but added to QSDP to our POP stay and DDP to our BC CL stay. This trip should beinteresting going from a value to a deluxe :rotfl:
I actually did the opposite. I'm going from OKW to POP. Definitly a downgrade, but I don't mind, I :lovestruc Disney!
We're passholders so we booked using the AP discount and added the regular DP for our Star Wars weekend trip.
I want AP's so badly :cloud9: Enjoy your Star Wars weekend!

Is there an option for someone who just doesn't like or want to do the DDP?
Sorry, I forgot to add that one :headache:
Needs to be another option.....booked last year when the code was for the general public :) I still wish it would extend in dates a bit, but if not we're booked for late September on last years code.
I forgot about that window when they had free dining for the general public. My apologies :flower3:
We found the room only discount a better deal for us because we wanted to stay at BLT in a one bedroom villa for our August trip. We've done free dining before but always upgrade to the deluxe plan because it suits our eating style better (we prefer TS and signature meals), but we've found that it's better for us to get the room we want on a good discount and pay for meals ourselves. It also means I don't feel bad skipping a meal and having an ice-cream if it is too hot to eat.

I see what you mean. I'm glad Disney has options for everyone :goodvibes

Needs to be another option.....booked last year when the code was for the general public :) I still wish it would extend in dates a bit, but if not we're booked for late September on last years code.

Same here. I voted for the first option, but I never received a code. We booked the general offer before Dec 20th.

Works well for us as we would have been paying for the DDP!

Some people don't find free dining worth it, but for my family (Only three of us are going this time) I've done the math and you really do eat a LOT of food. You can bring a box of cereal with you in your suitcase, get some milk in your resort's food court with a snack credit for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner go to a CS location. Plus you STILL have a snack credit for the day. It works out great! :goodvibes

I agree it's not worth it for everyone but it was for us. At that time I had a 7year old and a one year old. I learned the hard way. Our first trip to WDW we didn't have the dining plan at all and ended up spending almost ever penny of the $700.00 we brought for spending money. Infact we got stranded overnight at the airport on our way back because our plane broke down and luckily had the voucher the air line gave us. Since then we haven't gone without the dining plan.
This will be our 5th time going and our 2nd time hopefully getting free dining. It was too much food for us on the deluxe but we found out having one QS and one TS a day fits us just fine.

I rec'd the FD pin this year & upgraded to the DP. I'm debating on upgrading again to the DELUXE....This may be our last trip for awhile :sad1: My oldest son will be a senior next year & already said he would like to go someone else next year :confused3..(WHAT I don't understand... :) ) I think a group of his friends (about 20) & us parents will be going to Mexico....My youngest son would go anyone--he just loves to go :)

So....I decided to splurge on the dining & still stay at ASSports. This way we will be able to try a few more restaurants that I have wanted to try but never have......

Yup, we are. But we'll be paying for it.

We're doing one night of the platinum plan at the beginning of the trip, which means no discounts. Then we're renting points to stay DVC, so we'll be paying for the dining plan.

I'm not sure if we actually save money doing the dining plan. Honestly though, I don't care. The all-inclusive aspect of it makes it worth it to us, even if it's at a slight loss. Even if I had loaded gift cards to pay for the meals OOP, I'd still find myself choosing cheaper meals instead of choosing what I really want.

I'm not sure if we actually save money doing the dining plan. Honestly though, I don't care. The all-inclusive aspect of it makes it worth it to us, even if it's at a slight loss. Even if I had loaded gift cards to pay for the meals OOP, I'd still find myself choosing cheaper meals instead of choosing what I really want.

Ditto this! I feel the same way, but I do think it works out to our advantage, though we definitely could eat cheaper if we wanted to. I love not thinking about it...

I chose paying for it...right now we're booked at FQ for 4nights in November w/ the 35% off code (but free dining would be better so if it comes out we'll switch & we'll upgrade to the reg plan...prob switch to POP also since the offer will most likely be the same) and then to BLT on DVC for 3nights & we'll be buying the DDP. :) Can't wait!

We used it last year and I didn't find it to be a good deal by the time we added tips. We are going to do our next trip with a prepaid gift card(Disney Visa) and see how it compares when we choose what and where we want not based on getting the most bang for our buck w/DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter