~POLL TIME~ *Free Disney Dining Poll*

Are you using the DDP on your next trip?

• Heck yes, I got the free code!!

• Yes, but I'll be paying for it.

• No, I found a better deal with the room discount.

• Nope, didn't need it/ Find it a good deal

• I didn't get a code ):

• Haven't decided yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you need another option for "Yes, paying for it, but staying DVC"

I got TWO codes (one email and one snail mail)! But the room discount at a moderate resort is better for 2 adults than free dining is. The moderates only get the QSDP with the code. The room discount was more than the cost of the dining plan. So IF we book a trip using either one, it will be the room discount. Had we been traveling with our kids (all Disney adults) it might have been different.

BTW - The booking window for the public room discounts and Kids Stay & Play Free closes on 3/27, so anyone who wants to take advantage of them needs to book this weekend!

Didn't get a code but sinsce the code only offered regular Dining plan for those staying deluxe and we are staying at a mod it isn't worth it anyway. We have the military discount.

We're using the free dining code for the quick service plan.

At first I was disappointed that we didn't get a code for the ts plan, but then I realized that we would be saving a lot of money we would have spent on tips (4 adults at each meal, which adds up to a big total bill at ts places) if we used the ts plan. Budget-friendly is good!

We're happy with the quick service, and have a few OOP ADRs for the trip.

I am waiting it out. Free dining for the fall should be out during summer. I have my ressie so when the free dining comes out I just call and have it applied to my account. I do pay a bit extra for one table service to be added per person per day but it's worth it to me. I ended up saving nealy $300 off my bill in Nov 2009 by doing this.

I don't see an option that fits me. I did not get a PIN (well, I did, but only the one for regular DP when staying at Deluxe - and we never stay at Deluxe). But I booked during the general public free dining promotion that was available until 12/20/10 and booked for 8/22/11 - 8/31/11. This promotion offered regular DP at Moderates and Deluxes, so we're trying POR for the first time. ADR's made....flights just booked last weekend (using Southwest 2 flights free promotion)...VERY excited. :cool1:

I have found when tweaking a few of my ADR's that there are a surprising number of available reservations still available during my week. Which makes me think either they'll offer a general public code again OR maybe it'll be a lot less crowded than it was in prior years due to offering it so early this time around.

We got the free dining pin and will be using it. Upgrading to the DDP from QSDP is possible, for those of you that feel you have to do the QS or nothing.

We decided not to upgrade to TS, due to the cost of tips. This trip, I want to eat when we're hungry and wherever we feel like it. :)

We have one OOP meal planned, for my DD's birthday while we are there. princess:

We're using free dining but used the public code to book last year for this spring.

Just makes the trip that much cheaper since we'd pay OOP for the plan normally.

Booked a 35% off room rates and got discounted tickets. Worked out WAY cheaper than free dining for us.

We are going 5/27 to 6/4 and have free dinning ! soooo excited !! trying to keep it a secret from DD7 till Easter and its killing me !!!

We got the room discount code but added to QSDP to our POP stay and DDP to our BC CL stay. This trip should beinteresting going from a value to a deluxe :rotfl:

We're passholders so we booked using the AP discount and added the regular DP for our Star Wars weekend trip.

I am not using the DDP next time but I use it quite often. It is a great deal for my family and if we are there for a regular trip, I always plan on getting it.

Needs to be another option.....booked last year when the code was for the general public :) I still wish it would extend in dates a bit, but if not we're booked for late September on last years code.

We found the room only discount a better deal for us because we wanted to stay at BLT in a one bedroom villa for our August trip. We've done free dining before but always upgrade to the deluxe plan because it suits our eating style better (we prefer TS and signature meals), but we've found that it's better for us to get the room we want on a good discount and pay for meals ourselves. It also means I don't feel bad skipping a meal and having an ice-cream if it is too hot to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter