• Revisit Magic Kingdom

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnnMichele

Mouseketeer
I’ll be traveling to WDW in November with my husband and three-year-old son. We have three-day single park tickets and are planning to do Magic Kingdom day one (rope drop to mid-afternoon, then a long nap and return dinner to fireworks), Epcot (AM to after lunch then will go back for dinner), and am undecided on day 3. We will be leaving after lunch on day three and I can’t decide if we should do the morning at Magic Kingdom to hit what we didn’t experience on day one or go to Hollywood Studios for TS Land and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. My son loves Mickey Mouse and Toy Story, but MK is so big I know there will be experiences we won’t get to on day 1. I’d consider park hoppers but I understand it’s $90/person and I don’t want to pay that for 3 of us.
Some background, I am pregnant so that limits the attractions I can experience and this is a big deal to go because my husband is not into Disney (whereas I’m a former AP and Disney lover).

My first thought was HS as I always love to hit different parks. And it is a half day so you will be able to hit MMRR and Toy Story Land. Maybe even Muppets or Lightening McQueen too. ::yes::

However, my big question is where are you staying? If you are at an MK resort, then I could definitely change my mind.

My vote is for MK. Your son is the perfect age for that park & there's a lot to see & do, and re-do. I bet he'll love the Dumbo play area & want to spend a lot of time there. My son did at that age! You won't feel as stressed to do everything if you know you're coming back.
My husband is also not really a Disney fan, and part of it is that he doesn't like the rushing, stressed out feeling. So my goal is always to make sure he has a nice time, not too rushed, so that he'll say yes to the next trip!
Either way, I don't think you can go wrong!

My first thought was HS as I always love to hit different parks. And it is a half day so you will be able to hit MMRR and Toy Story Land. Maybe even Muppets or Lightening McQueen too. ::yes::

However, my big question is where are you staying? If you are at an MK resort, then I could definitely change my mind.
Art of Animation. We will have our own vehicle, too.

My vote is for MK. Your son is the perfect age for that park & there's a lot to see & do, and re-do. I bet he'll love the Dumbo play area & want to spend a lot of time there. My son did at that age! You won't feel as stressed to do everything if you know you're coming back.
My husband is also not really a Disney fan, and part of it is that he doesn't like the rushing, stressed out feeling. So my goal is always to make sure he has a nice time, not too rushed, so that he'll say yes to the next trip!
Either way, I don't think you can wrong though!
Yes I hate that rushed feeling, too!

Without knowing how big your 3 yo is, I would lean toward MK. DW and I have always loved going to HS but on our last trip in March 2020 and the ones we have coming up next year we only did and/or are only planning one HS day out of a week long trip. There is just so little that, in our case, DD can do there, though she is admittedly on the petite side. If she is tall enough to do significantly more by next November then that may alter plans a bit but given some of the rides there I think it more likely that we will really limit our HS time until she's tall enough to do everything.

Art of Animation. We will have our own vehicle, too.

Ok, so you will be using transportation no matter what place.

As I agree with @magicmountainmama about the ton of stuff for kids, I also know MK is my husbands least favorite park as it is always the most congested. And with the 50th celebrations, that high crowd level will definitely not change. Not to say HS won't be crowded either, but I never get that cramped I can't move feeling in HS like I do in MK. (esp. in Adventureland)

If you really feel you will be rushed in MK, book that for day 3. If the park reservations system allows you can always switch over to HS if you want a change of pace.

Just want to make sure you know at the moment for your Epcot day that the park does not open until 11 am. You said you would be there morning until after lunch and then go back for dinner. Would that give you time and is there enough there for your child to do or would AK be better instead?

For a 3 yo, I think they will have much more fun at MK than HS. There are not a lot of rides for them at HS. they do have Disney Jr there.
MK has many more rides for their size.

Just want to make sure you know at the moment for your Epcot day that the park does not open until 11 am. You said you would be there morning until after lunch and then go back for dinner. Would that give you time and is there enough there for your child to do or would AK be better instead?
Very good point. I’ll have to consider that. Thank you.

I voted for MK, and will stand with that. But just a thought...on Day #2 go to AK early and do a few kids things then a nap and head to EPCOT after nap time. We are planning that same sort of day with our 4 and 2 year old granddaughters.

I voted for MK, and will stand with that. But just a thought...on Day #2 go to AK early and do a few kids things then a nap and head to EPCOT after nap time. We are planning that same sort of day with our 4 and 2 year old granddaughters.
We may need to do that. I want to make the most of the day. I hope Park Hoppers aren't too much more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter