Poll : most fun restaurant for preteens

Which is your favourite " fun " restaurant ?

• Wispering Canyon Cafe @ Wilderness Lodge

• 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM

• Ohana @ Polynesian resort

• Sci Fi Diner @ MGM

Results are only viewable after voting.

zahi

Earning My Ears
We have two preteens : Boy aged 12 and girl aged 11 and are planning a WDW visit next August.

Please vote for your favourite "fun" restaurant in the world that combines ambience ( atmosphere ) , laughs , and food quality.

Thanks

Zahi ( The Lebanese Legend !)

I voted for Prime Time. When my friend and I went last summer we both had a blast!!! The decor was fun, the food was good and the service..well I'm sure you've heard all of the stories. And as an added bonus you get to see the look of wonder on the kids faces when they try and comprehend a TV screen with no color!

Melissa

I also voted for 50's Prime Time Cafe. I went last year with my middle school students (we took them to WDW every year as an end-of-year school trip) and they loved this restaurant. They kept "egging" the waitress on and getting each other "in trouble." The theming in this place was great, too.

We did Whispering Canyon, Ohanas and Prime Time on last trip. Hands down favorite was Whispering Canyon. If you get a good server it is a hoot. Probably the most fun restaurant we have ever been to.

We've done whispering canyon with our 3 ds. The atmosphere is very loud but fun. Make sure to ask for a fun server before you are seated. Ours was nice but not into the acting. We have also done Ohanas and that is our boys favorite. The endless food, coconut races, hula hoop contests and occasional songs for celebrations is perfect. You might time it right at fireworks time too. You dont go away from there hungry.

They're all good........except for Prime Time.

You can't go wrong with the other three.

:sunny:

Teppanyaki is great entertainment. To watch the chef cook right in front of you and put on quite a show too is very entertaining.

HBC

I would definitely say Prime Time: What more would a preteen like than seeing their DM or DF getting embarrassed by a waitress pretending to be their mother, cousin, sister, etc.?

I went to Disney last year with my neighbors, and they have a girl (8) and a boy (11) They and my DD (13) and DS (9) didn't enjoy anything in MGM more than seeing the husband of our neighboring family get dragged into the corner for having his elbows on the table!!!

I voted for Prime Time because we love it. But I have one caveat - you have to be willing to "get into" the fun there. My family is full of hams so we just eat it up at the Prime Time. In fact, I told my DD after she graduates we might just sell the house, move to Orlando and go work at the Prime Time!!;) But if your preteens are the kind that worry about looking "cool" they probably won't enjoy it.

Another vote for Teppenyaki. Our 2 DS's were 11 and 13-loved the juggling chefs. Now, they're 10 years older. We just returned from WDW, and they STILL love the juggling chefs!

My two DS(10&13) would vote for Hoop Dee Doo , in a heart-beat. We've been going every year for many years. The humor is perfect for kids.

But, I voted for sci-fi diner. The movies put my kids into a trance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter