Poll: Honest thoughts on 'Ohana?

Is 'Ohana worth the price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always read that 'Ohana is hit or miss and I can say with certainty that is true.

We have been three times in a row. The first time it was really good. The second time it wasn't as good but still good enough for us to want to return. The last time (which was last week) was SO bad I will never go back. The meats were inedible, you couldn't even peel the shrimp, and everything else tasted off. We are done.

Our group of 12 ate there last month. The food, service and atmosphere were excellent. We had the DP so it was worth every penny, not so much if you pay OOP, but that is pretty much all of Disney.

Overrated or worth every penny?

It’s not overrated or worth every penny. I went once and had a bad experience, but I feel like if execution was done properly and consistently it could be fantastic. I will save my vote for another visit, the first one was bad but not to the point where I’d never give it another go. Texas de Brazil is my favorite non Disney restaurant and it’s basically Ohana without the dumplings and as a concept it’s fantastic.

Haven't been in years as our last meal was subpar for OOP and there are much better places to spend a TS dining credit. The lounge however is fabulous.

My family went there for dinner in 2016 using DP. Our reservation was at 3:30pm, and we were seated right at that time. I thought the pace was fine. My kids were 5 and 8 at the time, so DH and I appreciated the speed of how food were brought to our table. We didn't feel rushed. Food was good but a bit on the salty side. Kids enjoyed the game and entertainment. I would recommend this place to my friends who have dining plan.

I am in the hit or miss category, though based on that I would say overrated, because if it was worth every penny I personally feel it should be more consistent. I know that anyone from the chef to the bartender to the wait staff can have a bad day, but there are just too many back and forth reviews.

The first time we went was on an extended family trip and we chose that restaurant to celebrate my grandparents 75th and 80th birthdays. I was the one that suggested Ohana based on good reviews from this board, but I will admit that I was very nervous about the suggestion because of the mixed reviews. But we wanted something where we would be able to see the fireworks and not everyone was open to paying what it would have cost to try California Grill. That time was fantastic. The food was delicious, the service was just right, not too slow or fast, and even though we waited almost 45 minutes after our ADR to be seated, it was worth it because our party of 13 got a table by the window and we were able to see the fireworks at MK.

DW and I liked it enough that time that we went back just the two of us on a later trip and our experience was almost the exact opposite. We couldn't get drinks or water refilled, food was slow and came out lukewarm, and while we weren't there to see the fireworks that time we had our backs to the window and were basically just seated looking into the center of the restaurant. We talked and we would not rule out going back at some point, maybe, but it won't be anytime soon if it does happen.

We ate here for the 1st time on july 4th. The service was excellent. The food was good. I would eat Ohana again but it wouldn't be a must do for me. While the food was good it didnt WOW me and i think id rather spend the money on a different dinner like at tiffins or one of the epcot countries.

Poll is closed but I’d need another option. Used to be worth every penny. Now totally not worth it. This is coming from someone who ate there multiple times per trip and ordered to the room while staying at the Polynesian. Been going every single trip since 2002. It was bad last fall and even worse in March. This will be the first trip in 17 years that we are not going.

We love 'Ohana, and we go every trip. I am not a fan of the new salad they have though or the pot stickers and steak, but I dislike steak period :crazy2:. I love the noodles, veggies, and bread pudding. My son and husband load up on the shrimp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter