Poll: Honest thoughts on 'Ohana?

Is 'Ohana worth the price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would not say overrated - I would say that it is worth the 2 TS credits. We really enjoyed the show and the food was good - not great! The free beer and Sangria (my wife had these and she said they were "ok" - for free, good enough). The service is a little slow on drinks (I suggest ordering at least 2 at a time). We went into the night with a lot of expectations and left feeling pretty darn satisfied. We all go to participate in learning the hula and really felt it was worth the price. The fire spinning was amazing! Just being at the Poly prior is a added bonus, they have done a phenomenal job in the refub. and it feels welcoming and lush! So, all in all, I would say it was worth it - my 2 boys loved seeing the hula girls and stuffing their faces with unlimited corn dogs.

I would not say overrated - I would say that it is worth the 2 TS credits. We really enjoyed the show and the food was good - not great! The free beer and Sangria (my wife had these and she said they were "ok" - for free, good enough). The service is a little slow on drinks (I suggest ordering at least 2 at a time). We went into the night with a lot of expectations and left feeling pretty darn satisfied. We all go to participate in learning the hula and really felt it was worth the price. The fire spinning was amazing! Just being at the Poly prior is a added bonus, they have done a phenomenal job in the refub. and it feels welcoming and lush! So, all in all, I would say it was worth it - my 2 boys loved seeing the hula girls and stuffing their faces with unlimited corn dogs.
Sorry - my review was for Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show.

Totally agree with your take on the show; sounds exactly like our experience. It's not something we would do every visit, but would certainly do it again at some point.

For us, it's worth it if we're using the dining plan, but not a meal I'd pay out of pocket for. We enjoy the food, there's something for everyone in my family. I love the atmosphere- it's a fun restaurant and a favorite for my kids. We've always had great service, but that doesn't seem to be norm, especially lately.

We always wanted to try it, and finally did a couple years ago. We didn't enjoy it. The meats were tough, and just really didn't find the food to be good. Service was awesome though.

Everyone is different, so if you've wanted to try it, I'd give it a shot.

We’ve been several times for dinner and the quality of the food & service has declined IMO. Lately we seem to always be seated near the rather frenetic entry and surrounded by tables of very large parties which command all of the wait staff’s attention, so Ohana is off our list of places to dine. Perhaps if some day we have young children w/ us who’d enjoy the coconut races or we are part of a large party we’ll give it another try,

We’ve been several times for dinner and the quality of the food & service has declined IMO. Lately we seem to always be seated near the rather frenetic entry and surrounded by tables of very large parties which command all of the wait staff’s attention, so Ohana is off our list of places to dine. Perhaps if some day we have young children w/ us who’d enjoy the coconut races or we are part of a large party we’ll give it another try,

You cannot count on a large party allowing for good service. Our party of 9 had a terrible experience, as our poor server hid from the table filled with hooligans ran her ragged. The manager was standing right there, holding up a wall almost the entire time. I won't tell folks to stay away, because everyone's experience is different, but it is going to be a long time until I go again. It was the first time I was too angry to say anything.

We started going in 2006 when I picked it out because of this board. Fast forward to 2021 when we go again and we will be having our 1st and last dinner there and at least one breakfast. We really love the place.

I must say I'm a little surprised at the poll results so far. People usually gush over this place and I'm a tad shocked to see such a huge gap...

We go every trip. Have gone twice on a trip also. It is a must for our whole family. I hate hearing stories of bad food/service/experience. We have had nothing but the best experiences there. We actually took my parents this past November. I was so nervous because we had talked it up so much and I wanted them to enjoy it! They absolutely loved it!

We just ate there last month and enjoyed the dinner using the Dining Plan. It is 1 TS credit on either of the Dining Plans. Probably good to read the menu ahead of time to see if they offer items you enjoy. Some people apparently don't like the fixed menu or the family style service or the food choices and then find fault with the restaurant. Disney is largely a place with families and children, so I don't get the bad reviews that say there are too many children around. We never felt rushed and since it is a fixed menu, it works out well if you have small children who typically don't understand waiting for food when ordering off of a menu. Most restaurants are overpriced at Disney, that is just the reality of how they operate, so the 'worth every penny' is rather subjective.

Last edited:
It is a must for us on every trip! When I ask my husband about booking a Disney trip, he always says, "As long as I get 'Ohana..." :)

Good use of dining plan credits and fantastic if you have young kids. We will go again since the whole vibe is fun and older kids love endless food. 😅

For us, it's worth it if we're using the dining plan, but not a meal I'd pay out of pocket for. We enjoy the food, there's something for everyone in my family. I love the atmosphere- it's a fun restaurant and a favorite for my kids. We've always had great service, but that doesn't seem to be norm, especially lately.
I used the DP to pay for my meal at Ohana. So glad that i did because had i paid cash, I wouldve been so ticked off. The meal was not very good at all. So the fact that i used a TS credit and not cash made me feel better about it. It aint cheap! :teeth:

It's a must do for us! The food and location are great.

I do not believe the service is rushed, but it is very fast. For our family this is great, as it allows us to get in, eat, and keep moving. I understand the fast service is a turn off for money.

The quality of meat flavors and how well it is cooked can vary however. i.e. having all the same lighter fluid taste or being under cooked.

But overall I highly recommend.

It is the one place my daughter asked to eat again this trip. We have free dining again (quick service that we paid to upgrade) so it is worth it as her one request. We would not pay for it out of pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter