Poll: Disboards, how often do you view my soccer threads?

Poll: Disboards, how often do you view my soccer threads?

• Once a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Once every 6 months

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Once every year

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Multiple times a year

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • I have all soccer threads on ignore

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters
I'll admit I occasionally open one to find out if you've actually posted anything new or something of your own opinion, but when I see the same posts and videos, I quickly duck back out. Maybe once every two months or so.

I dont read any of your soccer threads. But what difference does it make. Post whatever you like on here. Who cares what anybody thinks.
Apparently Buzz does? Given threads like this and his "What do you think of Buzz?" thread.

BTW - Buzz, I was in Doha this weekend and posts/cross bars on their metros have little soccer balls on them. Also saw a bunch of the World Cup stadiums (though, as you know, they dismantled some and sent them to other countries).

If this poll came out several years ago I would have said that I follow on a somewhat regular basis. My interest in soccer started to wane pre-covid and I never got back into the sport. I will say that I was mildly interested when Messi joined the MSL but not enough for me to search out his matches.

I appreciate your passion for the sport and that's always a plus in my book.

Just occasionally. But IMO there are WAY too many videos attached. You don’t need 4 or 5 videos in a single post.

I voted - Other/Never

Sorry buddy - I’m just not a soccer person.
I do respect your passion for the sport though.

I don't partake of them simply because soccer isn't my thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with the topic for those who are interested.

I still don't understand professional soccer. The Sacramento Republic of the USL played the San Jose Quakes of MLS and beat them in the U.S. Open. So they advance to the next round, which isn't for TWO MONTHS. That is, IF the Sacramento Republic's stadium is available. It is on the State Fair Grounds and the fair opens 3 days after the game in July. The State Fair says it is POSSIBLE the field will be available, but no guarantee. Meanwhile none of this is in the Republics league, and they continue to play scheduled games in their league. I guess....... what I think is a lower division team.....the Republic.....has a history of beating the MLS Quakes....is good for the Republics chances of joining the MLS. But it is almost like USSSA High School sports where teams play basically anyone who wants to take them on.

EDIT: Also, some player "on loan" from a USL team in the U.K. was a part of the win. Teams loan other teams their players?

Last edited:
I still don't understand professional soccer. The Sacramento Republic of the USL played the San Jose Quakes of MLS and beat them in the U.S. Open. So they advance to the next round, which isn't for TWO MONTHS. That is, IF the Sacramento Republic's stadium is available. It is on the State Fair Grounds and the fair opens 3 days after the game in July. The State Fair says it is POSSIBLE the field will be available, but no guarantee. Meanwhile none of this is in the Republics league, and they continue to play scheduled games in their league. I guess....... what I think is a lower division team.....the Republic.....has a history of beating the MLS Quakes....is good for the Republics chances of joining the MLS. But it is almost like USSSA High School sports where teams play basically anyone who wants to take them on.

EDIT: Also, some player "on loan" from a USL team in the U.K. was a part of the win. Teams loan other teams their players?
The US Open Cup is not taken seriously by MLS teams (see the recent dispute about the tournament). They mostly play with a third string squad. The San Jose Earthquakes are a pretty bad team (I like to think of them as the NY Jets equivalent), so Sacramento Republic beating them isn't a big accomplishment. In regards to the question about loans, it's pretty simple. A professional team may "loan" out a player of their squad to play for another team in any professional league worldwide for usually a half or full season. There are rules to this including the financial agreement between the two teams and an option to buy the players contract at the end of the season. That player can not also play their parent club during the loan period. Loans can happen for several reasons including more opportunities to play consistently and athletic rehab reasons. Think of it as a complex version of AAA baseball and the MLB teams.

The US Open Cup is not taken seriously by MLS teams (see the recent dispute about the tournament). They mostly play with a third string squad. The San Jose Earthquakes are a pretty bad team (I like to think of them as the NY Jets equivalent), so Sacramento Republic beating them isn't a big accomplishment. In regards to the question about loans, it's pretty simple. A professional team may "loan" out a player of their squad to play for another team in any professional league worldwide for usually a half or full season. There are rules to this including the financial agreement between the two teams and an option to buy the players contract at the end of the season. That player can not also play their parent club during the loan period. Loans can happen for several reasons including more opportunities to play consistently and athletic rehab reasons. Think of it as a complex version of AAA baseball and the MLB teams.
Thanks. Good information. So a bunch of excitement locally over something that isn't that big a deal.

Thanks. Good information. So a bunch of excitement locally over something that isn't that big a deal.
It is a big deal for minor league teams since the winner gets money and a spit in the Concacaf Champions League (Cup). MLS teams have several ways to qualify while minor league teams only have 1.

Is this a Deja Vu?
Have you posted this question before @Buzz Rules ?
I will browse at those with ZERO VIDEO, then I’m gone. I don’t like it, and it freezes and slows down everything

Is this a Deja Vu?
Have you posted this question before @Buzz Rules ?
I will browse at those with ZERO VIDEO, then I’m gone. I don’t like it, and it freezes and slows down everything
This one is a little different then the others. I'm just curious how many Disboarders find some value in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter