Points/Home Resort Question

MTMom

Disney Addict
OK, let's say you buy 150 points at BCV, and 150 points at VB. So you have a total of 300 points. Can you call both places 11 months out, but use all the points? See my point? I'm wondering if this is valid...kind of like having the best of both worlds.

Also, can you combine points w/another DVC member? My best friend and her husband were interested, and we thought that a cottage at Vero Beach sounded like a great vacation, but we'd need both our points to get it.

No, you can only use the points at the particular resort you are booking for at the 11 month mark. But you can bank and borrow to get more points for one trip. For example, if you want to stay at BCV, you could use 150 banked points, 150 current points & 150 borrowed points (3 use years for BCV total) at 11 months. But you could not use the Vero points for BCV until 7 months.

You could transfer points from the other couple into your account or each of you could reserve half the nights and link the reservations together. The latter would be less risky in case of cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter