Point swaps at DVC rental store

pianomanzano

DIS Veteran
I’m sure many of you have seen the announcements of DVC rental store’s expansion of the point swap program. Just wondering if anyone has done some of their points swaps before and could talk about it, specifically for cruises as I think we may consider that as our little ones get older. Do your points need to be rented out before a cruise is booked/scheduled? Are points rented out based on tier or the need for points? (e.g. if I have VGF points do they rent those out for 7-11 month bookings first for the higher rental rate or are they rented out for soonest available booking <7 months?) How are taxes from the rental “profit” handled? Any onboard credit promos? I vaguely recall one of the other rental sites offering onboard credit for cruise swaps. Thanks!

ETA: @Amy Krieger @pkrieger2287 maybe a topic for a future show? Would be great to get more info beyond what’s on the website. Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter