Point rental question

J

justcruisin

I want to rent points from a friend. The points are available in October. Can we do the transfer now or do we have to wait until the use year? Can I bank the rented points? Do the points retain their original use year?

I didn't think you could bank/borrow transferred points. Your friend would have to evidently borrow from their next use year which would probably make them impossible to transfer but I'm not 100% sure.

OOPS! .. I forgot to mention we don't need the points until next July, so technically, they would be used in the proper use year.

Can your friend just make the reservation for you? Then you don't have to worry about transferring points.

It's only for 50 points, so no, she would not be able to make the ressie for us.

Originally posted by justcruisin
I want to rent points from a friend. The points are available in October. Can we do the transfer now or do we have to wait until the use year? Can I bank the rented points? Do the points retain their original use year?
Points transfers are very complicated if they are not the same home resort and same use year. While the legal paperwork says they retain their home resort priority and use year, this is not true in function. I'd have them make what reservations they can from their account and link them to your other reservations. If this is not an option, talk to MS and make sure you know exactly how to do this as you must tell them the exact use year to use for the transfer if the points are not the same use year as yours. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter