POFQ vs Swan

saysay

DIS Veteran
I am pricing trips for the princess half in feb and have a very good rate for the Swan. The Swan would be cheaper. Are there any benefits to the SWAN over POFQ...other than the Heavenly bed? Just wondering. Thanks for any insight.

The good thing about POFQ is there is a bus to take us to the race, so won't have to worry about driving or getting a taxi.

I was in this same predicament last year and chose the Swan. It was great and the location can't be beat. You are within walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Plus you get queen sized beds instead of the twins at Port Orleans.

Swan:

Queen Beds
Great Staff
Getting a deluxe room cheaper than a Disney mod!
We love the S & D.

I agree with all of the positives of the S + D, especially location.

The only negative I could see; Depending on your preferences if this matters, but you don't have a food court type option. Also, the S + D are less "relaxing" than PO. You are literally in the middle of the action with epcot and studios within 5 minutes reach and surrounded by several other hotels and the boardwalk. Again, a personal preference, but it's hard to beat the convenience.

My daughter's favorite restaurant is Picabu. It's a cafeteria. We are both crazy about the nachos. One order will serve about 4 people. The portions are HUGE.

I am in the same boat...I am a vacation club member but called to late and can only get three of my five night at Saratoga so now I have to stay my final two night at a different resort. It is over Thanksgiving so a deluxe hotel is out of the question...it is like 450.00 a night. I can get the Swan or Dolphin for 169.00 and love the location. I did call Disney today and can get a moderate for about the same maybe a little more. I really like the location of the Swan and Dolphin so I am leaning towards that. I usually stay at the Boardwalk so I have been in those hotels. But since it is not Disney owned will I find a difference? I don't know which one to pick, the Swan or the Dolphin?

I am in the same boat...I am a vacation club member but called to late and can only get three of my five night at Saratoga so now I have to stay my final two night at a different resort. It is over Thanksgiving so a deluxe hotel is out of the question...it is like 450.00 a night. I can get the Swan or Dolphin for 169.00 and love the location. I did call Disney today and can get a moderate for about the same maybe a little more. I really like the location of the Swan and Dolphin so I am leaning towards that. I usually stay at the Boardwalk so I have been in those hotels. But since it is not Disney owned will I find a difference? I don't know which one to pick, the Swan or the Dolphin?

We're DVC members at BWV and stay at the Dolphin or the Swan all the time on the weekends because I don't like the higher pts weekend stays require. Our stays there are just as much fun as those at BWV. I've had the best themes park views at these resorts-DHS from the Swan and Epcot from the Dolphin.

Our favorite is the Dolphin but we get an executive suite at that resort. If getting a standard room, we stay at the Swan because of the queen sized beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter