What resort do you prefer POFQ or POR?

Why??
Which is more "romantic"?
Pro's/con's????
I need details!!!!
Thanks
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

Hi Grover. I have never stayed at POFQ but we have stayed twice at POR. Let me just start by saying that I would never stay at any other moderate (you would be able to twist my arm into staying at a deluxe :p ). This was the most romantic, lush, beautiful place I have ever been. We were there for our honeymoon and again this past Sept. We brought my parents with us this last time and on our 2nd day my mom said she thought I had been exaggerating about how nice this resort was (I tend to go on and on about WDW) but now she sees why I want to return so many times. We stayed in the mansions both times. The "Gone with the Wind" theme really attracted me in pictures and it is so much more beautiful being there. The grounds are rich and stunning, there is a great sit-down restaurant, the boat to DTD looks very relaxing (we never made it on that). I can't say enough good things about this resort. We might be going down next year with some friends and this is the resort I am pushing for. Please feel free to ask any specific questions. I love talking about my trip and everybody around here is sick of hearing about it! ;)

We like Dixie Landings (aka POR) so much that on our last trip, when we stayed offsite, we visited one day for supper!!

Oh yeah.....my fave thing to do was renting a boat and cruising the Sassagoula River.

We are doing a two WDW stay next trip. I haven't picked the second resort, but we have decided that POR or POFQ will be the first resort. I love the look of the Mansions area too! But when I see pictures of the interiors, I like the look of POFQ better. I love palm trees (we stayed at CBR and CSR and they have LOTS of palm trees) I didn't see too many palms at POR. We are undecided too ~ POR or FQ? S

We stayed at POR 2 years ago and loved it. The grounds are beautiful and our biggest regret was that we did not get to enjoy them enough. We went over New years and it was freezing. We stayed in the AB section and really liked that rustic feel.

I just got back and made a point of going over to POFQ before going over to POR, still Dixie Landings to me. We stayed at DL's Alligator Bayou for our first two on-site trips to Disney and fell in love with the resort, so I always make a point of going back for a visit and take the lovely boat cruise along the Sassagoula River.

I was on my way back from resort-hopping around the MK resorts and took the bus from MK, getting off at FQ since I hadn't been through that resort in a while. I walked through the grounds and along the Carriage Path to DL. FQ is certainly a pretty resort and more compact but as the Mansions came into view, then the Cotton Mill and the Alligator Bayou buildings in the distance, nothing can beat that sense of peace that comes over you. It's just too beautiful for words! We have been staying at the All Stars for cost-savings recently, but I would like to stay at DL again sometime and try the Mansions this time.

After I had soaked in the atmosphere, I finally pulled myself away and took the boat cruise to DTD and then the bus to ASSp.

We stayed at Dixie Landings in 98 on our Honeymoon along with Coronado and All Star Sports. We walked through then Port Orleans and found it alot more to our liking than Dixie was so of the 2 I would say Port Orleans FQ but I would choose Coronado over the both of them.

We think alike Vanessa!! That's my choice for our next trip! I would luv to have spent couple nights there on our honeymoon but we just couldn't justify the extra $$ and we would have had to stay there3 nights to do the "at par" price. Next time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter