• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ or POP...November or December? HELP!

Tinker1972

Mouseketeer
Time to start planning our 2013 vacation!!! The kids want to stay at Pop again, as that is the only place we've stayed before and they love it. I want to try POFQ next time...I loved POP but would love to try something different.
Which time of year would be better...early November before Thanksgiving...or the first 2 weeks of December? My main concern is crowds and wait times. I really want to go when the Christmas decor is up, but I don't want to go when the wait times for rides are an hour.Under 45 minutes would be great:)

We are REALLY REALLY hoping for free dining...that would play a huge part in where we do actually end of staying i think. Is POFQ as "kid friendly" as Pop?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!!

for the resort - making the switch would be great - we love pofq -

for the timing - we like all those times - early nov is food & wine - but early december is great for holiday decorations - epcot may be crowded on the weekends of f&w - but you can manage the schedule w/the other parks

POFQ is kid friendly as POP. If I'm going during winter time, I would opt for a moderate resort. It has a hot tub! If it's too cold to swim, especially at night, then you have the option to dip into their hot tub! :)

Def. french quarter and I say Nov :) Maybe towards then end so you can see the decorations for xmas while there :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE November!!!!

Christmas decorations, great weather, low crowds - my favorite time to go.

Don't worry about crowds in early December. They are light, and really all that gets very crowded is Epcot around the Candlelight Processional. I LOVE it there in early December and am definitely going later this year.

LOVE LOVE LOVE November!!!!

Christmas decorations, great weather, low crowds - my favorite time to go.

Do the decorations go up early November?

Thanks everyone for all of your help!!! I can't wait to actually book..even though it feels like its FOREVER away. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for the next 10-11 months:confused3

We went week before Thanksgiving this past year and all the parks were decorated for Christmas and the Christmas party was going on too. It was beautiful! Can't help you with the resort choices but interested in the responses. I am booked for POP in October but leaning toward switching to POFQ. I have never stayed in either.

We love going the first or second week of December. The crowds are not crazy, all the decorations are up, the Christmas Party is available. If you're wanting to go while Epcot's Food & Wine Festival are going on, it only goes until November 10, 2013.

As far as resorts go, we like both POFQ and POP (POP is our favorite value resort!). I'm thinking the kids will probably prefer POP, but if that's the only place you've ever stayed then you may want to make the switch just for the variety. We actually prefer Coronado Springs for the moderates, love the layout and relaxed atmosphere we find there.

I always say POP. Early Nov is a great time to go my little man's bday is Nov 4th we always go for his bday. Wait times are never an issue. Food and wine fest is amazing and lights are typically up first week of Nov and Lit by the 2nd week. Great time to go! The only line "issue" is that the first week of Nov is " Jersey WeeK" the schools and admin. in New Jersey have off that week, so it can sometimes be a little crowded due to that. We have never had a real issue with wait times though. Plus we are from upstate NY (originally) so we fit right in :)

We stayed at POR from 12/11-12/18 this year and thought it was a great time to go. Our last night at MK (12/17) was crowded but that's to be expected since it was open late for EMH instead of closed early for MVMCP. We wanted to go earlier in Dec but had to change to that week to get free dining.

I would personally give POFQ a try but it will be harder to get a discount for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter