Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Yay!!! My husband and I just signed up for PCC 5.0... It will be out first cruise... So excited

I've never been on a Podcast cruise or any cruise for that matter. I would love to meet other Disney fans and the Disunplugged crew. I would be traveling solo so that makes me reluctant even though I know people are helpful. Anyone that can give me words of encouragement to do this is appreciated. I guess I'm curious about whether the Podcasters generally hang out together or what events they've had in the past that you all have enjoyed.

We don't have to hang out together, we're all over the ship :rotfl:

Pretty much anyone you see, if you ask if they are with the DIS chances are they will say yes. There are several organized events that we do in addition to the official ones and every night you can find us in the adult dance club on board<see avatar> You'll be fine, come join us!

I've never been on a Podcast cruise or any cruise for that matter. I would love to meet other Disney fans and the Disunplugged crew. I would be traveling solo so that makes me reluctant even though I know people are helpful. Anyone that can give me words of encouragement to do this is appreciated. I guess I'm curious about whether the Podcasters generally hang out together or what events they've had in the past that you all have enjoyed.
We are given "credentials" which is basically a lanyard with our name (and board name) that allows us into the exclusive events that the Team will plan for us. Like a Podcast taping, a special guest, etc.
Everything else we do is open and available to anyone on the ship.

But most of us do wear our lanyards throughout the cruise- so this is the easiest way to approach new people and meet others who are in our DIS Unplugged group. You will see us EVERYWHERE!!

Also- as we get closer, some of us will plan other events for our groups- like Bingo or Bunco or wine/cocktail/etc tastings. You will have plenty to time to sign up for fun things like this.
We also traditionally do a "Fish Extender" gift exchange, which is a good way to see all the cabins and so much fun to come back to your own cabin and find new treats!
We decorate our doors! Magnets, holiday decor, etc. Too many ides to go into here- but do check back through the threads for past Podcast cruises to see more of what we do.

We do hang out in the adult areas at night. Stay as late as you want (I never make it very late ;)).

Some people do early morning walks on the promenade.

ALL of this is optional of course. But I would encourage you to get involved in as much as you can- you will meet the most people this way and have a GREAT time! :cool1:

Welcome aboard! :cheer2:
And watch the boards for news, activities and more!

Shelly and I are now officially confirmed on the Podcast cruise! Let the countdown begin.

I have the second post on this tread reserved, so if anyone wants their names and cabin to be listed, please let me know. :goodvibes

Mike,

I'm in room 6134. Not sure if my kids are coming with me or not, so for now just put me down as one. Thanks. :)

I have the second post on this tread reserved, so if anyone wants their names and cabin to be listed, please let me know. :goodvibes

Thanks for doing this Mike. Val & I are in stateroom 7534.

We so hoped PCC5.0 would be Eastern on the Fantasy since Pete said he didn't want to go back to Mexico. Anyway sadly the dates don't work for us so we plan on booking the 12/6 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Anyone else?

Michael and I are in Cabin 7638. We are excited to share another cruise with our DIS friends.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

We're in room 8572.

David (DavidandLeahZ)
Leah (WebmasterLeah)
Jacob, age 8
Jonah, age 6
Lydia, age 3 (It's crazy to see those ages, since that's how old they'll be on the cruise, not how old they are now! I'm not ready for an almost-9-year-old!)

Our kids are super excited to experience the newly-remodeled kids' spaces on the Magic! David and I are excited to experience a new ship - we've been on the other 3!

Small world Jeff - Looks like Dino & I are going to be your neighbors :goodvibes we're in 7536

Talk about small world .. apparently our cabin is 7538:banana: - I hope Dino is bringing the wine and I'll bring the beer. That is if they let us on board with it !! Jaci is in 7539 across the hall.

We will be in room 2090:

Golf4food (Alan), Tazicket (Erin), and Christopher age 3.5

Guest List:

Deck 7
7534 - OKW Lover (Jeff &Val)
7638 - DisneyEnabler & MerryMouseketeer (Carol & Michael)
7634 - TadyBug - (Judy & Craig)

Deck 6
6134 - Mary Jo
6566 - wdwscout (Linda & John)
6646 - mikelan6 & shellyminnie (Michael & Shelly)
6652 - SleepingAriel28 & DisVillainMomma & son (Alta & Marian, James)

Deck 2
2092 - batgirl67 (Liza Z, Jan & Jim)

:goodvibes

I put our names down too

I think I am up to date on the guest list. If I missed you, please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter