plush booster seats?

surfergirl602

<font color=deeppink>Well you're one step ahead of
I'm looking to get a new booster seat for DD3. I was in walmart and wrote down the names of a couple I liked, to look up ratings and other prices when I got home. (I'm a bargain hunter, what can I say?)

I liked the saftey 1st vantage high back booster - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FB5BCK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=14582ZK1WGV25C5EWVKZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

It had a plush seat and went up to 100 pounds and had a 5 point harness. DD definitely still needs one of those. If she doesn't have one, she just takes the seat belt off.

Anyway, we are driving to florida for our next trip, and I want her to have something more comfy than the one she has now. I'm tired of hearing that her butt hurts. The one she has now is from our last dd, and is very hard.

Does anyone have one of these seats? Do you like it? I found it much cheaper on amazon than at walmart.

Check out www.car-seat.org for a lot of info ~ I'd stay away from the link you posted, it has low top shoulder harness slots and only harnesses to 40lbs ~ you have lots more options that will keep her harnessed taller and heavier. If you want something that will turn in to a good booster and even a backless booster you should consider the Graco Nautilus.

ETA ~ maybe this would be a good choice - http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Apex-Booster-Milan/dp/B001FB5BH0/ref=pd_sbs_ba_6

I'm guessing this one harnesses to 65lbs ~ http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Generations-Harness-Booster-Melbourne/dp/B002VUCBBI/ref=pd_sbs_ba_10

Have you thought about the graco Nautilus ? That one goes up to 65 pounds in the 5 points harness.

I was also going to mention, make sure you check the weight AND height restrictions when looking at boosters. The seat may be good up to 100 lbs and 60+ inches...but that doesn't mean the 5 pt harness can be used up to those limits.

Check out www.car-seat.org for a lot of info ~ I'd stay away from the link you posted, it has low top shoulder harness slots and only harnesses to 40lbs ~ you have lots more options that will keep her harnessed taller and heavier. If you want something that will turn in to a good booster and even a backless booster I'll consider the Graco Nautilus.

ETA ~ maybe this would be a good choice - http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Apex-Booster-Milan/dp/B001FB5BH0/ref=pd_sbs_ba_6

I'm guessing this one harnesses to 65lbs ~ http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Generations-Harness-Booster-Melbourne/dp/B002VUCBBI/ref=pd_sbs_ba_10

thank you for the link!!!! Awesome site - just what I needed! I'm looking for something that isn't a carseat, but more of a booster so she can fit in it longer as she gets older.

I would really recommend the Graco Nautilius. Right now it's $135 at Amazon (retail is $180). It has a 5 pt harness until 65lbs and is a booster until 100lbs.

I ditto the suggestion for checking out car-seat.org. I bet they would highly recommend the Nautilus too.

thank you for the link!!!! Awesome site - just what I needed! I'm looking for something that isn't a carseat, but more of a booster so she can fit in it longer as she gets older.

The Apex 65 and Generations 65 make good harnessing seats, but the boosters are not great. They do not allow for proper placement of the seat belt across the child's body. So you still may need another dedicated booster eventually. The Nautilus makes a better booster than those two, but it's still not as good as a seat that is only a booster.

We have that one. It's very comfy with the padding in but once they hit a certain height and you end up taking it out it's the same as any other seat and not as comfy.

The other thing is it's great as a harness seat but once they don't fit in the harness anymore and you use it as a high back booster it is a nightmare to buckle. My dd can't reach down around the arm rests enough to do it herself so I always have to buckle. She fits in the harness weight but she is way too tall so I didn't get to keep her in it until 65lbs.

While it's not a bad seat and I don't mind it, because of those few things I don't recommend it to other parents.

The graco boosters have very nice padding and I've heard great things about their new higher limit harness seats. We have a high back for my other dd and it's very comfy and in the past I have had good experience with their other seats too.

Another Graco Nautilus fan here. I have two of them for my grandkids. They're super easy to use and the kids seem quite comfortable in them. I drive a Honda Odyssey and the install of the seats is real easy. For me their versatility is a real bonus since the 5 grandchildren are varying sizes. Just call me the backup taxi!!!

graco nautilus fan here!!! That seat you posted has pretty low straps... The nautilus will last her a long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter