• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plumeria Lounge at HNL

marisabuzz

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if this lounge is available to Priority Pass members not travelling inter-island? The description on the site is confusing to me. I noticed that it's located in the Inter-Island terminal so not sure if it's accessible to any passengers travelling home and not to another island in Hawaii.

Does anyone know if this lounge is available to Priority Pass members not travelling inter-island? The description on the site is confusing to me. I noticed that it's located in the Inter-Island terminal so not sure if it's accessible to any passengers travelling home and not to another island in Hawaii.
Plumeria Lounge is specifically not for inter-island guests. Honestly, HNL is sort of a disorganized mess and there's not really an "inter-island terminal." They might label Terminal 1 that way but everything is connected to everything else.

- Business Class guest departing Honolulu to one of our international destinations.
- First Class guest departing Honolulu to New York, Boston, or Orlando.
- Pualani Platinums departing Honolulu to one of our international destinations. Platinums may bring up to 1 guest.
- A day pass can also be purchased at the lounge through an agent.

Thanks for that. I've been trying to read up on HNL in prep for our trip this summer and am completely confused on the layout of the airport. Good to know that everything is connected.

Does anyone know how the food/beverages have been lately? We are planning on getting to the airport 5 hours ahead of our 10pm departing flight and wondering what lounges we could hit up while there. So far Plumeria Lounge and Ko Olina Club would be in the plans.

Thanks for that. I've been trying to read up on HNL in prep for our trip this summer and am completely confused on the layout of the airport. Good to know that everything is connected.

Does anyone know how the food/beverages have been lately?
Are you buying Priority Pass just for this trip? There's a Ko Olina lounge that Aulani guests can access for free. No food and drink, but a peaceful place to relax away from the rest of the terminal.

We have a few trips planned this year (catching up on post-Covid travels). All of the places we are travelling will have Priority Pass lounges. Trying to determine if it's worth it to get a membership, pay for day passes, or skip entirely.

We do not have memberships or credit cards with access otherwise.

I've been in hundreds of lounges around the world and this is one of the most depressing I've been in. If you could get in free via Priority Pass from a card you already had, then it would be better than the terminal. But any money you would spend on a day pass would be better spent at a terminal restaurant.

Here's a recent review from a blogger I follow:

https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/hawaiian-airlines-plumeria-lounge-honolulu/

LOL good question. We check out of Aulani at 11am and will have many hours to kill before our evening flight. I can only assume we'll be exhausted after 9 days there. Thought to maybe take advantage of lounges before leaving. We're actually from Canada so we are also used to getting to airports early and just hanging out.

Also read that review and was very underwhelmed.

But any money you would spend on a day pass would be better spent at a terminal restaurant.
This is what we are thinking too, but also didn't find any restaurants that floated my boat.

LOL good question. We check out of Aulani at 11am and will have many hours to kill before our evening flight. I can only assume we'll be exhausted after 9 days there. Thought to maybe take advantage of lounges before leaving. We're actually from Canada so we are also used to getting to airports early and just hanging out.
If you want, you don't get kicked out of the resort at 11am, just your room. You can leave your things with bell services and use the beach, pools, shops, restaurants, etc.

If you want, you don't get kicked out of the resort at 11am, just your room. You can leave your things with bell services and use the beach, pools, shops, restaurants, etc.
So that’s my plan for Maui—leave my stuff with bell services for a while after checkout (unless I can get a late one), and then do a couple things on the way to the airport. BUT, like PP said, after 9 days, we may decide we’re just done.

So I looked up Priority Pass (thank you, cuz I’d never even heard of that) and there is one at OGG but it really looks pretty meh. But I can only see a couple of pics and no prices. Do you have to create an account to see more info?

We plan on hanging out for a bit, but can't imagine we'd stay there for 8+ hours until we need to make it to the airport. I think I read that there are no change rooms/showers available to freshen up before we travel, unless I am mistaken?

So that’s my plan for Maui—leave my stuff with bell services for a while after checkout (unless I can get a late one), and then do a couple things on the way to the airport. BUT, like PP said, after 9 days, we may decide we’re just done.

So I looked up Priority Pass (thank you, cuz I’d never even heard of that) and there is one at OGG but it really looks pretty meh. But I can only see a couple of pics and no prices. Do you have to create an account to see more info?
As much as I hope we don't feel like leaving, I know we'll be exhausted.

As for Priority Pass, there's a "membership fee" aspect and depending on the level of membership, you either pay a prorated fee to get into the lounge or you get passes for access (limited or unlimited). For pricing, there are coupons to be had:

https://prioritypass.com/en/campaig...=USD&cjevent=3fe91774d13511ec83f003e60a82b824

I find that if you google reviews on particular airport lounges, there are often some good ones. I am finding it difficult to find more recent ones though.

Does anyone know how the food/beverages have been lately? We are planning on getting to the airport 5 hours ahead of our 10pm departing flight and wondering what lounges we could hit up while there. So far Plumeria Lounge and Ko Olina Club would be in the plans.

You will not be able to check in at the airport that many hours before your flight. You can’t check your bags or get past security (to where the very underwhelming lounges/shopping/food is located) until, I believe, 3 hours before your flight.

You will not be able to check in at the airport that many hours before your flight. You can’t check your bags or get past security (to where the very underwhelming lounges/shopping/food is located) until, I believe, 3 hours before your flight.
It’s 4 hours for our airline. We will be returning a rental and with lots of luggage and kids in tow, I’m sure we’ll be at the counter in time.

It’s 4 hours for our airline. We will be returning a rental and with lots of luggage and kids in tow, I’m sure we’ll be at the counter in time.
From Canada here too,,,we are going in July for 1st time.
Just an option if you can,,,if booking points see if your room is still available for your check out day. Book it,, and then you have your room right till you leave. For us it is worth it for those extra 8 hours of chilling, last minute showers and wash up or laundry. Now if you switch categories, its not worth it since you have to check out at 11am,,and no guarantee to have new room ready for 4pm or earlier. So if doing so book same cat room and just link the reservations.

From Canada here too,,,we are going in July for 1st time.
Just an option if you can,,,if booking points see if your room is still available for your check out day. Book it,, and then you have your room right till you leave. For us it is worth it for those extra 8 hours of chilling, last minute showers and wash up or laundry. Now if you switch categories, its not worth it since you have to check out at 11am,,and no guarantee to have new room ready for 4pm or earlier. So if doing so book same cat room and just link the reservations.
That's what I did for our late evening flight back to Texas. It was really nice.

Here are some screenshots from the Priority Pass app. The Plumeria lounge is located in the Inter-Island Terminal at HNL.

A293B51A-4FF2-43FB-AC23-B843AA2E353C.png

532AC2AF-C6C5-4813-8B7B-5C3E57F6A126.png

Yipes, I didn’t know that. We’re doing a POA cruise after Aulani and planned to head right to the airport from the cruise. Our flight doesn’t leave until 5 pm. We planned to hang out in the United lounge, but are you saying we won’t be allowed into the airport?

A couple years ago I spent a several hours “outside” the Burbank airport because it was too early to check my bag so I know airports have lots of rules. Just want to be prepared.

Yipes, I didn’t know that. We’re doing a POA cruise after Aulani and planned to head right to the airport from the cruise. Our flight doesn’t leave until 5 pm. We planned to hang out in the United lounge, but are you saying we won’t be allowed into the airport?

A couple years ago I spent a several hours “outside” the Burbank airport because it was too early to check my bag so I know airports have lots of rules. Just want to be prepared.
Correct. If you are checking bags, you will not be allowed to do so at HNL more than 3 hours before scheduled flight departure.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter