• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PLS. ANSWER: Snorkel rental at Cast. Cay-correctable lense?

arlinek

Earning My Ears
I just can't seem to find out here and sure would appreciate an answer. On Castaway Cay, if one rents the snorkel equip., do they offer one of those masks that has a vision-corrected lense in it, like I was able to rent in Hawaii? I am somewhat near-sighted and this allowed me to see perfectly under the water.

Unfortunately, no. They only provide regular masks. You would have to rent or purchase one from a dive shop before you went away.

If you bring your own snorkel equipment to CC, Disney will provide the required inflatable vest at no charge for you to use while you snorkel.

I recently bought a pair of corrective goggles through a web site - swimoutlet.com - You can find some good ones on sale and if you are unsure about your RX just ask your eye dr

I just can't seem to find out here and sure would appreciate an answer. On Castaway Cay, if one rents the snorkel equip., do they offer one of those masks that has a vision-corrected lens in it, like I was able to rent in Hawaii? I am somewhat near-sighted and this allowed me to see perfectly under the water.

DH, DD and I all wear corrective lenses so we bought our corrective snorkel gear at Snorkel Bob's. As a separate issue, I prefer not to put my mouth on a snorkel some else has used.

http://snorkelbob.com/

Thanks, all. I just may have to buy my own. Body Glove brand makes numerous "generic" corrective masks that have been well-rec'd. They are widely available in large sporting goods stores for $60. AND they're silicone.

As a SCUBA instructor, I suggest to my students to take the arms off an old pair of glasses and place them in the front of the mask.

This way they did not put out money for a mask style that did not fit them well or the volume was too much for them to clear effectively.

You obviously run the risk that your glasses may not fit well in the masks they rent at CC, but if you don't want to buy and take some with you this may work. Another option is diposable contacts. Contacts work fine as long as they are soft , but you risk losing if your mask floods and your eyes are open.

Have a good time!

BTW: Snorkel gear rental at CC is around $30 for the day.

Sean

I got a prescription mask at a local dive shop.

Woody

Thank you, Sean. I wondered about doing that, but not sure I understand about WHERE to "put" the armless glasses. By in front, do you mean INSIDE or OUTSIDE the mask? AND, how you you adhere them properly to the glass? Just bring some wide, clear tape or something? I do have plenty of spare glasses to do just that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter