Pleasure Island Comedy Club

Pyedog

Mouseketeer
Never been to PI before and want to check out the Comedy show....3 questions:

1) What are showtimes?
2) How far in advance do you need to arrive to get a seat?
3) Do they accept PS reservations?

I assume that admission to all the clubs is included in your PI pass.

Thanks,
Pyedog

Adventurers Club 7:00 (show times 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:05, 1:00)
Rock and Roll Beach Club 7:00 (show times 8:30, 9:40, 11:00, 12:30)
Comedy Warehouse 7:30 (show times 8:00, 9:05, 10:30, 12:05)
8-Trax 8:00 (no shows)
Pleasure Island Jazz Company 8:00 (show times 8:30, 9:45, 11:00, 12:30)
Mannequins Dance Palace 8:00 (show times 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:45)
Hub Video Stage - show times: 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, and 12:45. There is also a show at 1:15 AM on Friday and Saturday nights.

PI opens @ 7 - get in line for the first show at Comedy Warehouse
Try to sit next to a phone and maybe you'll be part of the show!

No PS!

Kirk,
Thanks for the reply!! I had no idea PI wouldn't be open until 7:00...just assumed we could go whenever.

Also, what time do we need to queue up for the Comedy WH?
I'm looking at your note and wondering if it means I should get in the Comedy Warehouse at 7:00 when PI opens? Do we really need to wait a full hour in line until the 8:00 show? If we got in line at 7:30, what are our chances of getting a decent seat? Also, do we have to stand in line or is it an atmosphere of "take a number on a list and wait at the bar having a drink"? If we can sit and have a drink, the hour wait would be very doable.

Thanks,
Pyedog

Get in line first thing. They'll let you in about 30 min before the show and you can get a drink then. After that show go check out Adventurer's Club. That way you'll have the 2 toughest ones done before the crowds get bad at 10-11.

I went to many comedy warehouse performances during my May trip and wanted to let you know my experiences. The show times were listed as 8:15, 9:15, 10:30 and 12:05. I'd call ahead to check show times. The times listed on Steve Soares site were incorrect the week I was there.

A concert often started on the West End stage at 9:00. It was nice to listen to the music while standing in line.

I found that there was no need to get in line prior to 15 minutes before the show starts. Saturdays were the busiest days. Other nights, very few people were in line more than 15 minutes before the show. The early show typically had less people than the shows at 9:15 and 10:30.

The doors consistently opened late - about 5 minutes after posted time. They allowed about 10-15 minutes to seat everyone and serve drinks.

Every show was so different. One show may be boring but the next fantastic. The first show can be a dud if the small crowd is a bit dull. Try to see more than one show before drawing conclusions about the venue.

If crowds are light, instead of standing in line, verify the show time and enjoy a stroll through Downtown Disney or the Marketplace.

I have never seen any shows at the Rock and Roll Beach Club,
What kind of shows do they have there? Do you mean bands?

On weekends, the Comedy Warehouse will have a fifth show at 7-something.

Looking forward to going to the comedy club next week. We always hit an early show and then the last show which is usually the best.

Its always good to have a few beers at the resort before arriving. Expensive drinks at PI, but what the hell, I only get there every 3 years.

I dont ever recall going to AC. Is that where the Whild Horse used to be, or is it right next to it? I will look forward to checking it out after hearing all the good info here.

COUNTING THE HOURS>>>>>>>>>>>:jester: :jester: :jester: :smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The Adventurers Club has been in the same place since PI opened. It is almost directly across from the Comedy Warehouse (the brown building with stairs and the parachute hanging from it).

It is NOT a dance club. It's more like interactive cabaret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter