Please tell me about Marriott Sabal Palms

cindrew

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at Marriott Sabal Palms this year. The only thing I know about Marriott Sabal Palms is that it is at the Marriott World Center. Tell me everything...how is the pool at the Sabal Palms, is there a store, how are the restaurants at the hotel, how is the parking, is there a shuttle to the parks, is there security. Please also tell me all about the unit itself. I'm not finding much at all on my searches of this timeshare. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Sabal Palms is one of the smallest Marriott timeshare resorts in Orlando but is related to two other TS resorts (Imperial Palm, Royal Palms) that are tucked in behind the Marriott World Center hotel. Go to http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-sabal-palms/overview.html for a lot of info and maps on this resort. I did not notice any obvious presence of security though I think that I saw resort golf carts with "Loss Prevention" printed on them. There was no security gate at the entrance of the resort like at the newer, larger Marriott timeshare resorts. But this resort is tucked way in behind the hotel with no easy access for any ne'er-do-well and we never felt unsafe there (quite the opposite, in fact).

Facilities are somewhat limited at Sabal Palms. There is a nice, moderately sized pool on the property, a video arcade room, a fitness room, tennis and basketball courts. Also a few barbecue grills located around the resort and a small, childrens' play area. When we were there last 4th of July week there were few people using any of these facilities and we were joined in the pool by one other family only once during our week.

There is no Marketplace store at Sabal Palms but there is a quite small version of the standard Marriott resort convenience store at the Royal Palms. But the problem with that is that the Royal Palms is that, despite these resorts being on the same piece of property, they are actually almost a mile apart. Fortunately, the hotel amenities are much closer to Sabal Palms. And those hotel amenities are pretty impressive and include a much more expansive resort store.

At the hotel are several pools (one indoor, one standard hotel outdoor pool and an absolutely huge pool with a slide that's the centerpiece of the facility). There's a bar and grill at the large outdoor pool. Just inside the lower level of the hotel from the large pool is a food court and the resort store. It looked like a lot of food choices at the food court but we didn't eat there so I don't know how good the food was. There's also a full service restaurant that's just off the lobby upstairs and another store up there.

While there are on-site shuttles to tie Sabal Palms (and other) guests to the hotel and the other TS resorts, it is a easy walk from Sabal Palms to the hotel via a back pathway. The hotel's spa is right next to Sabal Palms. However, there is no shuttle service from the hotel or the TS resorts to the theme parks (you can reserve with Mears Transportation at a cost if you want a shuttle). There's plenty of parking at the Sabal Palms resort - basically, like most other timeshares, there's parking right in front of each building so you shouldn't have to park very far away from your unit.

Sabal Palms' villas are set up as dedicated two-bedroom units with dedicated access in a sort of townhouse set-up (meaning that access to the ground floor unit is via a door that's right off the parking lot area and access to the top floor unit is via a staircase that rises from about the same area). There are a series of these townhouse type units attached to each other to form six building modules with varying numbers of units in the groupings. This makes for a fairly compact resort that we found to be surprisingly quiet. The villas themselves are set up on multi-levels. As you enter, the second bedroom in on the left and the kitchen is a little further ahead, also on the left. Then there are a couple of steps down to the living room/dining room level with access to the lanai via sliding glass doors. As you enter the living room, you'll see the doorway to the master bedroom on the right. From the master bedroom level, there's a step or two up to the large bathroom area. Our villa looked like it had been refurbished in the past year or two and seemed consistent with updated units that we've stayed in at other Orlando Marriott timeshare resort.

Being an older resort, the landscaping is mature and, in my opinion, adds to the relaxed feeling of the resort. Though we're used to Marriott's Cypress Harbour and Grande Vista, we enjoyed our stay at Sabal Palms and would go there again.

Dick Taylor

Thank you so much for all this detail and information on the Sabal Palms! I can't wait to stay there, the renovated rooms look amazing! We'll NEVER stay at Grande Vista after the what we went through with them last year and there are our home resort. Maybe well try Cypress Harbor next year as we haven't been there yet.

I actually was on the Marriott World Center Resort webpage and found that they do now offer transportation to the surrounding theme parks as well as the airport for a fee, not sure what that fee is though.

Thanks again, we are so looking forward to our stay at the Sabal Palms!

Dick gave you great info and I agree with all that he had to say.
We have stayed there twice in the past and loved it. It was a beautiful property and very close to the hotel amenities.
(Also, easy trip to Disney and Sea World)
Some things we really liked: overlooking the golf course/wildlife in the creek, exotic birds outside the screened-porch, the hotel pool slide and indoor pool, the food court at the hotel (albeit overpriced), industrial A/C, heavy curtains, and easy parking/no elevators!
HTH and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter