Please tell me about ASMU!

marivaid

My mother is a Pluto molester.
We just switched from POFQ to ASMU and I'm really happy about it! We've already been to POFQ and I wanted to try a new resort. We've been to ASMO and I expect the resorts to be rather similar, but I'd love to hear your reviews !

We are in a preferred room, so does this mean we'll be in Calypso for sure?

:hippie:

We just got back from ASMu in Calypso building 10. The feature pool is still down for refurb, for which I was thrilled. I don't prefer the preferred location next to the pool as I'm a very light sleeper and the noise from the pool is more than I can bear. The rooms themselves are gorgeous and for some reason felt more spacious than they used to ( although I know that's impossible). I'd gladly stay there again but would ask for a room not facing the pool or a non-preferred location.---Kathy

Yes, Calypso is the preferred building....our favorite home-away-from-home!

We have always requested the 3rd floor and have gotten it every time and had a non-pool view. The view was just lucky, I guess, we never requested it but were happy with it.

We never had any problems with noise, either. Be it pool people, toilets flushing, kids running in the hallway or anything else. Guess MM has always smiled on us :smickey:

Thanks everyone :) I just hope the pool will be open when we go (July).

We stayed at ASMu in Nov. We did not pay for a preferred room. We were in the Jazz builing on the 3rd floor, on the inside, facing the pools. It was very quiet, yet the pools and the food court were still very close. The food court was never crowded, and the desk staff were very polite and helpful. The only downside was that the line at the "concierge" desk (to arrange outgoing ME) was exceptionally slow moving. The transportation was great. We never waited more than 10-15 min for a bus.

For our Jan trip I booked Preferred because I wanted one of the refurb'd rooms. The first room they gave us was at the very end on the hallway, the bottom of the T, right next to the parking lot on the 3rd fl. Sorry I was not paying extra for that. I requested a different room, The next room they gave us was at the far end of the hall about 10 ft from Jazz building 3rd fl again. I called from the phone near the elevator and asked for a different room in Jazz (oh and the door to the second room that they gave us was cracked open, I didn't feel secure going into that room) the third room they gave us was on the first floor facing the courtyard closest to the lobby for a Jazz building. Perfect! Even if it was further down the hall or closer to the Parking lot that would have been ok too. Because I wasn't paying more for a preferred room that I didn't feel was preferred. So if the room is not to your liking don't feel you can't ask for a different location. Oh and even though I requested to be downgraded they did not charged me the preferred rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter