Please Stop Trying to Hold My Hand...We're Going to Conorado Springs! - A May 2018 TR *COMPLETE 11/8

Great pictures in the park and sounds like a fun start to your first park day!

Thank you! It really was the best way to start the trip!

The LM rooms are so adorable :goodvibes We stayed in one for a few nights back in 2014, I begged my DH and two DS's lol since I'm the only girl in the family and never get to do girly things!

We really loved AoA! Thankfully my brother doesn't have a ton of interest in Disney-related things, so my mom and I get to make most of the decisions! :goodvibes

Hello, all! Sorry for my extended absence--my life has been a little bit insane here lately. I'm working 2 jobs this summer, so I have had very little free time here lately. Hopefully the rest of this TR won't be this sporadic, but I won't make any promises. :confused3:laughing:

And now, for the latest installment of this TR...

"This Is Not Infinity War!"
Day 1, Part 2

Our next stop was IaSW! We got in line around 10:20 with a 10-minute posted standby time.

IMG_0742
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_0743

IMG_0744

IMG_0746

IMG_0748

IMG_0749

IMG_0751

IMG_0755

Afterward, we stopped in Castle Couture, but they didn’t have rose gold ears either. But, I did take this chance to get pixie dusted!pixiedust: This is something that I’ve wanted to do for a while, and it was so fun!

IMG_0757

We made a quick stop inside Sir Mickey’s, but still had no luck on our quest for rose gold ears. At this point, it was a little before 11:00, and we were both getting pretty hungry. So, we stopped at Pinocchio’s to get something to eat. Kelsey got a caprese flatbread...

IMG_0758

...and I got chicken nuggets and fries.

IMG_0759

Everything was yummy and really hit the spot!

After we filled our tummies, we were off to Under the Sea! :fish:The stand-by time was posted 20 minutes, and I think we probably waited about that.

IMG_0760

IMG_0761

IMG_0763

IMG_0766

IMG_0775

IMG_0777

After our ride, we stopped for some PP pics outside Prince Eric’s castle.

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_20180508_411424664533

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_20180508_411424664536

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_20180508_411424821768

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_20180508_411424821770

Then, we decided to head over to Mickey’s Philharmagic. We loved it, as always. When it was time for us to exit the theater, some people weren’t getting up and leaving, so the CM came over the microphone and said, “For those of you still seated, I promise this is NOT Infinity War—there is no after-credits scene!”:rotfl:

We made our way into Tomorrowland and got in line for the People Mover around 12:40.

IMG_0778

IMG_0781

IMG_0782

From there, we moved on to the Carousel of Progress.

IMG_0783

IMG_0785
Kelsey and I both really enjoy. This time around, though, we got stuck in the 80s!:earseek: For whatever reason, the theater didn’t rotate after the scene was over, so we ended up seeing the 80s scene twice! :laughing:

After the CoP, Kelsey said she needed a snack of some sort, so she decided to stop and buy a Coke from one of the carts since we were getting close to our ADR time. She ended up getting a Haunted Mansion bottle, which was really cool! From there, we began making our way to BTMRR, making a quick stop at Storybook Treats to refill our water bottles. We also stopped at the Haunted Mansion, so Kelsey could take a picture with her Coke.

1 (5)

Then, we were off to use our BTMRR FPs! We were in the second row this time, and both of us felt like it seemed faster for some reason. Usually I think it feels faster in the back, so this was kind of unusual. But it was super fun, so we certainly didn’t mind!

At this point, we meandered back toward MSUSA. We still had some time before our ADR, so we decided to continue our quest for the rose gold ears and walked through the Emporium…but still no luck. We made a quick bathroom stop and then went to check in for our ADR!

Up next: late lunch/early dinner at Tony’s!

giphy.gif

Hello, all! Sorry for my extended absence--my life has been a little bit insane here lately. I'm working 2 jobs this summer, so I have had very little free time here lately. Hopefully the rest of this TR won't be this sporadic, but I won't make any promises. :confused3:laughing:
It happens. I have fallen off the wagon a bit too! But trying to get back into the swing of things.

Then, we decided to head over to Mickey’s Philharmagic. We loved it, as always. When it was time for us to exit the theater, some people weren’t getting up and leaving, so the CM came over the microphone and said, “For those of you still seated, I promise this is NOT Infinity War—there is no after-credits scene!”:rotfl:
Ha! That is funny.... We went to see Incredibles 2 and we waited through all of the credits to see if there was anything... nothing... boo.

Kelsey and I both really enjoy. This time around, though, we got stuck in the 80s!:earseek: For whatever reason, the theater didn’t rotate after the scene was over, so we ended up seeing the 80s scene twice! :laughing:
I feel like I have heard of a couple people getting stuck in a certain era. Poor CoP needs a refurb!

We also stopped at the Haunted Mansion, so Kelsey could take a picture with her Coke.

Of course! It would be a Disney Sin if you didn't.

Joining in! Really enjoying your report so far, and can't wait to hear if Kelsey gets her rose gold ears! popcorn::

It happens. I have fallen off the wagon a bit too! But trying to get back into the swing of things.

It can be so easy to get behind!

Ha! That is funny.... We went to see Incredibles 2 and we waited through all of the credits to see if there was anything... nothing... boo.

I absolutely LOVED Incredibles 2! So so well done!!

I feel like I have heard of a couple people getting stuck in a certain era. Poor CoP needs a refurb!

I have never had that happen before, but it was kind of funny!

Of course! It would be a Disney Sin if you didn't.

But of course!
Joining in! Really enjoying your report so far, and can't wait to hear if Kelsey gets her rose gold ears! popcorn::

:welcome: Thanks so much!!

I'm a little late, but I'm here! :wave2:

Such a nice picture of you! Loving the Disney-bliss look :)

When it was time for us to exit the theater, some people weren’t getting up and leaving, so the CM came over the microphone and said, “For those of you still seated, I promise this is NOT Infinity War—there is no after-credits scene!”:rotfl:

:rotfl: Awesome! Quick thinking on the CM's part!

The rest of your morning and your afternoon sound so fun! Love the PP pics!

Such a great pic of Kelsey's coke bottle in front of HM!

Just found your TR. We are leaving in 35 days. We have an ADR for Tony's so I am looking forward to reading about your experience.

Joining in

Welcome, welcome!

Beginning to hang at the edge of my seat watching out for those ears...popcorn:::earboy2:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm a little late, but I'm here! :wave2:

Hi!!! :wave:

Such a nice picture of you! Loving the Disney-bliss look :)

Thanks so much! I really love how it turned out.

:rotfl: Awesome! Quick thinking on the CM's part!

It was really funny! Those kinds of CMs are the best.

That's so weird as I feel as though they were everywhere this past week.

I feel like it's very hit or miss! We just happened to be there on a week with low stock, I guess.

The rest of your morning and your afternoon sound so fun! Love the PP pics!

It really was! Thanks!

Such a great pic of Kelsey's coke bottle in front of HM!

She's really good at the artsy pictures, and I thought it turned out so cute!

Just found your TR. We are leaving in 35 days. We have an ADR for Tony's so I am looking forward to reading about your experience.

Thanks for joining in!! How exciting that your trip is so close!

Okay, I am SERIOUSLY jealous of this day! You got so much done in such a short amount of time and you took so many great photos!!

"This Is Not Infinity War!"
Day 1, Part 3

We checked in at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant at 2:30 and requested to sit outside. Our ADR wasn’t until 2:50, so we thought we’d have to wait a little bit, but we actually ended up being seated just before 2:40. We were seated at a table out on the patio, right against the railing—right where we wanted to be!

IMG_0787

IMG_0789

Kelsey decided on the chicken fettuccini alfredo…

IMG_0792

…and I decided on spaghetti and meatballs.

IMG_0791

Our food came out very quickly, and everything was delicious! The only major downside to our experience was that our waitress seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of there. If they had been completely full, I would have understood a little better, but there were lots of empty tables, so it was kind of annoying to feel like she was rushing us.:confused3 Otherwise though, we had a really great lunch!

Just as we were finishing our lunch, another waitress came outside and asked everyone on the patio to remain seated, as the Festival of Fantasy parade was about to come by, and they wanted everyone to be able to see. So, we angled our chairs toward Main Street and waited.

Soon enough, we could see the parade!:cool1:

IMG_0806

IMG_0811

IMG_0814

IMG_0817

IMG_0818

IMG_0821

At some point during the parade, a PP photographer walked by and snapped this:

MK_PROLIBROVER_20180508_411550190407

IMG_0824

IMG_0826

IMG_0829

Despite what these less-than-stellar pictures suggest, we could actually see really well! Taking pictures was just kind of difficult because my camera kept trying to focus on trees or umbrellas instead of the parade. :upsidedow I really love this parade, though, and it was fun to get to watch it from our table.

Once the parade was over, we paid our bill (I got a 10% AP discount:woohoo:) and left the restaurant. When we walked back into the theater area, the wait for Tinker Bell’s M&G was posted 5 minutes, so we jumped in line and were almost immediately off to Pixie Hollow!

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411428903151

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411428903152
(What is my face doing??:laughing::laughing:)

Tink was absolutely adorable, and she loved the pixie dust in my hair.

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411428903156

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411550113812

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411428903163

MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_20180508_411428903161

After flying with Tink, we walked back out to MSUSA. We stopped at a PP photographer and got our pictures taken with Walt and Minnie.

MK_TWNSQR3_20180508_411428994460
by the2ndstar2theright/url], on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LrBHP7]
MK_TWNSQR3_20180508_411550002695

MK_TWNSQR3_20180508_411550276355

MK_TWNSQR3_20180508_411428994471

[/url]

Up Next...More rides and Happily Ever After!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150815613@N06/

That's SO awesome that you got to see FoF during your lunch!

Cute pics with Tinkerbell!

I love the PP pics with the bench!!

Looks like you picked the perfect time to eat at Tony's! Sorry you felt rushed, it always stinks when they do that.

I need a PP to take photos of me taking photos of FOF this November!!

Our girl Tink pulled THROUGH with those adorable pics!!

How cool that you got to watch the parade from your lunch table. Did you guys plan that?

I love your pictures with Tinkerbell, and also the ones with Walt and Minnie. I hope there's a PP photographer at that location on our trip. :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter