Please share your Cabana photos and opinions!

Wow Bree! That sounds like a nightmare! I wonder if the call button was out of order? I can't imagine having that many problems after paying for the luxury of a cabana. I would not be a happy cruiser!

Bree - I am so sorry to read this. I couldn't decipher which cabana you had but something was seriously wrong with your unit from the beginning! And you should not have been charged. I can't believe the check-in booth had you walk. That's so horrible.

I do know on our cruises, they assigned 2 of our 3 concierge hosts (and a cart driver, I believe) to work ALL the cabanas which is way too many for too few attendants. This is another reason I prefer the lower numbers. Being able to easily get to and from the facilities ourselves is a big plus. Often the wait times for the attendant to arrive would take too long thru no fault of their own, just supply and demand issues. But I do remember Andy (our fantastic concierge host)was running around like crazy working the cabanas on our double dip!

The attendant can take a long time at Serenity Bay too, and they don't have the excuse of having to keep up with 21 cabanas. We've buzzed for the golf cart on several occasions and not had it show up yet. That's why we always choose Cabana 22. Close to everything.

The family cabanas are lucky. At least they have the Concierge hosts working them. They know how to provide service. The Serenity Bay host is usually just some guy they got off of the boat. I've not had one yet who really knew how to help out except to catch you as you're walking back to your cabana from a bathroom break and give you a ride the last 100 feet.

That said, I like having a cabana because of the shade, comfortable seating, shade, refrigerator, shade, ceiling fan and shade.

Bree - I am so sorry to read this. I couldn't decipher which cabana you had but something was seriously wrong with your unit from the beginning! And you should not have been charged. I can't believe the check-in booth had you walk. That's so horrible.

We were in number 12.

I did get in touch with DCL after the cruise and they were so pleasant and apologetic. They gave me a refund. The woman that called me from DCL was just wonderful and just another reminder why we love Disney so much. I just want to reiterate that I truly believe our cabana experience was a fluke. We still had a fantastic cruise and an awesome time at Castaway Cay.

We were in number 12.

I did get in touch with DCL after the cruise and they were so pleasant and apologetic. They gave me a refund. The woman that called me from DCL was just wonderful and just another reminder why we love Disney so much. I just want to reiterate that I truly believe our cabana experience was a fluke. We still had a fantastic cruise and an awesome time at Castaway Cay.

great to hear. Cabana 12 is no small walk from the check-in area. I can only imagine what you were going thru. I'm glad the cruise was fantastic overall.

Just got Cabana #20 last night for our April trip. This will be our 1st try at a cabana, hoping location is good.

We were in #24 it was lovely and quite with no one around. We loved that one day the best out of our 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter