• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please report your BLT 7-month booking experiences

Ronald Duck

Another Disney Fanatic
With all the interest in how hard it really is to book BLT without being an owner there, I thought we should have a thread that collects our experiences at the 7-month window (and shorter).

I tried this thread on another (smaller) board, and generally it seemed that non-owners at BLT are having good success using their non-BLT points for Bay Lake views at 7 months, some success getting Standard views, and NO success getting MK views. For less than 7 months, there are a few successes for Bay Lake view, and that's about it.

I'll start:

My SSR points recently got us our choice of a 1-bedroom or a Studio (Standard or Bay Lake View...no MK View available) for early February.

What have been your experiences?

We booked the day that we signed up for DVC in May and got a studio with a MK view for Sept. Guess we were lucky :dance3:

We were able to get Oct. lake view 2bedrm :thumbsup2 No MK views available. CM was surprise it was available.

I booked a LV 1 Br at just over 6 months out for my birthday in November. I really wanted a studio and waitlisted which came through about a week ago for LV also...

Just this week I was able to book a 1 bedroom Bay Lake view for mid-January (6 months out). The CM said there was plenty available. I told my co-worker and he booked a 2 bedroom Bay Lake view for the last week of January also.

While we don't fall into the non-BLT owner category, our booking does fall into the less than 7 month window so anyone could have booked it.

We were able to get 1BR Lake view for Dec 6-10 just under 6 months out.

We've been trying to get Dec 3-6 in a studio any view, but no luck. Hoping a WL comes through. Wish we had this WL before they declared more rooms in June.

Hopefully BLT sales stay active so that they declare more rooms in the next month or so and WL comes through for everyone.

We booked 9 nights in a BLT 1BR water view for late October a few months ago and waitlisted for one more night and that just came through. I was surprised it worked out so easily!

I am a BLT owner, but I booked September 1-BR Bay Lake View on June 7... About 3.5 months out. 4 nights, Sept 9-13. I had my choice of Bay Lake or Standard View. MK view was booked.

SSR owner..just 2 weeks ago I booked a 2 bdr LV at BLT for one night, the night before F & W begins:)

Bay lake view in Feb., but couldn't get a MK view in a studio.

My friend is an SSR owner and just booked BLT for Presidents week(I think it was a 1 bedroom).

I got a 2 bedroom MK view right at the 7 month mark for our dates in January. The difference in points from our BCV reservation was a little tough to swallow. I hope we don't end up on the fourth floor:scared: It's my wifes 40th birthday, so I was glad I could book something special.

I just booked BLT lake view for January. I wanted MK view, but I'm wait listed.

-nat

Used our VWL points to book a 2BR MK view seven months out for Feb 7-11. :cool1:

Booked 1 bdrm lake view (our preference) 7 months out 12/11 - 19. Whats wrong with the 4th floor??

I booked a SV 1 br whenever the dates opened for non-BLT owners. So my kids have a SV for our family gathering in September 09. Only my daughter has figured out thats where they're staying -- the older adults are all at Kidani in a 2 br,

I booked Feb.10th-16th with no problem we are in a studio, and we have the baylake view.

Used SSR points to book a GV (MK view) for 1 night on 1st November, right at the 7-month mark. There were 2 beds and studios available with standard/lake view when I booked.

With all the interest in how hard it really is to book BLT without being an owner there, I thought we should have a thread that collects our experiences at the 7-month window (and shorter).

I tried this thread on another (smaller) board, and generally it seemed that non-owners at BLT are having good success using their non-BLT points for Bay Lake views at 7 months, some success getting Standard views, and NO success getting MK views. For less than 7 months, there are a few successes for Bay Lake view, and that's about it.

I'll start:

My SSR points recently got us our choice of a 1-bedroom or a Studio (Standard or Bay Lake View...no MK View available) for early February.

What have been your experiences?
I'm a non-owner staying in a one bedroom BLT MK view villa for one night in December.

I didn't get the idea until after the 7 month window had been open for a few weeks. I called and got a studio Lake view but waitlisted for a studio MK view for Dec. 12. Then when I called about a month later for something else, I checked on my waitlist with MS. They didn't have a studio MK view but they DID have a one bedroom MK view for Dec 12. I booked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter