Please refresh My Memory - Plastic Tix From Undercover Tourist?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
We use MBs but some in our party will be staying off site without them, will they get plastic or paper?

Bill From PA

As long as they don't select eTicket as the delivery method, they will receive tickets on plastic RFID enabled Admission Cards.

Make sure they do not select e ticket on the payment page (if they want the plastic tickets). It may default to that so be careful. I wanted plastic tickets because they are refundable (e tickets are not).

Some of the older tickets (the cheaper ones) only have etickets left.

Make sure they do not select e ticket on the payment page (if they want the plastic tickets). It may default to that so be careful. I wanted plastic tickets because they are refundable (e tickets are not).

Some of the older tickets (the cheaper ones) only have etickets left.

I'm pretty sure that plastic tickets are only refundable as long as you don't link them in your MDE.

Thanks for the replies, our only concern is that the tickets be rugged, we've had a few paper ones go bad in the past although they were promptly replaced by Disney.

Bill From PA

Thanks for the replies, our only concern is that the tickets be rugged, we've had a few paper ones go bad in the past although they were promptly replaced by Disney.

Bill From PA

That's strange, because the paper ones were actually Tyvek, which was always reported here as being more durable than the cards.

etickets are paper you print yourself. the others are hard plastic cards and durable. same cards they use for passholders just a different design.

Bill From PA

Disney actually supplies the hard tickets to UT.
Disney only issues plastic RFID cards, now.

Disney actually supplies the hard tickets to UT.
Disney only issues plastic RFID cards, now.

It's been a while, don't know exactly what material the tickets that went bad on us were made of, best description I can give is 'paper like' and we had 2 lose their ability to get the old Fast Passes for us.

Bill From PA

It's been a while, don't know exactly what material the tickets that went bad on us were made of, best description I can give is 'paper like' and we had 2 lose their ability to get the old Fast Passes for us.

Bill From PA

Yup.
Those have not been issued by WDW for several years, now.
Everything went from magnetic stripes (on the old "paper/Tyvek" tickets) to RFID chips in hard plastic "credit card" tickets (and MagicBands.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter