crystal palace
chef mickey
Tusker
Hollywood and vine
tonys town square
captains grille

planet Hollywood-not good, same food you can get at your typical chain
crystal palace-aweome, a must do for us everytrip for breakfast
chef mickey-it is all about the atmosphere and characters here, if you are going for the food I would skip it
Tusker-we had really good food here but it was really crowded and the characters were running around like crazy trying to get to each table, I would try it for lunch or dinner

planet Hollywood
crystal palace
chef mickey
Tusker
Hollywood and vine
tonys town square
captains grille

GOOD
Crystal Palace for food and Characters
Chef Mickeys for characters
Tusker (on rumor- never been) for food

BAD
H&V for food (and little einstein scares me)
Chef Mickeys for food (although rumors are it has gotten better)
Planet Hollywood - don't get me started

OK
Tony's - our experience- not as bad as people rate it. Not great though.
Cptn Grille - not great service, but the food is pretty good

planet HollywoodNever done the one at Disney; we don't like the one in Chicago or Vegas
crystal palacea must do for us every year for breakfast
chef mickeywe prefer CP for breakfast, but we enjoy CM for breakfast as well; not big on dinner buffets (unless it is Biergarten)
Tuskernever done
Hollywood and vineDisney could NOT pay us to eat here
tonys town squarewe've done lunch and dinner; we prefer lunch ony because the portions are a little smaller and it is not as hectic as dinner time
captains grillewe've never been

Comments in red. H&V is one of two or three Disney restaurants that we will never step foot in again. Horrible service, horrible food.

I agree with everyone. Planet Hollywood is the last place I would eat at. Even with the coupons you get when you book with Disney, I would still not eat at PH.

We actually enjoy Planet Hollywood, but we are big movie buffs and love the surroundings. We like the food too.

As far as BAD - H&V....YUCKY food!!

planet Hollywood
crystal palace
chef mickey
Tusker
Hollywood and vine
tonys town square
captains grille

Top 3 out of that group

1. Tusker House
2. Chef Mickey's
3. Crystal Palace

I would stay away from Hollywood and Vine at all costs. I've read mostly negatives about the food there.

i would take some of the opinions with a grain of salt. What one person hates another one loves. I too like Planet Hollywood (maybe not to eat at Disney since there are so many other new choices)

i would take some of the opinions with a grain of salt. What one person hates another one loves. I too like Planet Hollywood (maybe not to eat at Disney since there are so many other new choices)

Very true, I ate at Planet Hollywood and it too was pretty good. It just depends on what type of food/atmosphere you like.

In order of best to worst:
Tusker House (lunch only--breakfast and dinner are b-central)
Tony's (wonderful atmosphere and good food)
Captain's Grill (very restful)
Planet Hollywood (the most "adult" atmosphere of the choices)
Hollywood and Vine (I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, but I rarely go to DHS)
Crystal Palace (bump that up if you don't mind kids, parents, and general chaos. The food's fine)
Chef Mickey's (like an icepick to the brain, do it at the risk of your sanity)

For what it's worth:

planet Hollywood - We have been a couple times. Food is average and it it usually crazy busy there. We (DW and I) were seated one time upstairs in the middle and it was so loud we couldn't even hear each other - we asked to change tables and were given a better one. Rank in this group 6/6)

crystal palace - this is pretty much a can't miss for us. Even though DS is now 14 he still enjoys it. We have been for all meals and each is superb (it is a buffet with Pooh characters). The atmosphere is great because you are smack-dab in the middle of MK - full of Disney magic. (I guess the Disney magic thing is contingent on whether you subscribe to that!) Rank in this group 1/6)

chef mickey - Have been to the breakfast and I liked it a lot. We have never been to other meals but have heard the food is just ho-hum for those. My DS (12 at the time) and my DN (9 at the time) absolutely loved it. The food selection at the buffet was great for them (read: lots of sugary items). The food selection for adults was good too - it was a typical Disney buffet. Rank in the group 3/6.

Tusker - Been once for breakfast. Typical Disney buffet. If you do breakfast here (or any park restaurant for that matter) try to get a ressie before 9 (park opening) - it is fun to walk through the park all by yourself without the hustle and bustle of the crowd. I seem to remember the price being a little high but I think that was due to the increased season. Rank in this group 4/6.

Hollywood and vine - Been for Fantasmic! package. This was just OK for me. I think the buffet is more eclectic than the norm. We had a glass breaking incident here - so bad memories! Rank in this group 5/6.

tonys town square - Loved it! Order off the menu place which is refreshing in this list! I was very happy with the food and in light of all the bad reviews Tony's gets I was pleasantly surprised. My DW was not completely happy with her meal however and the service was so-so. Rank in this group 2/6.

captains grille - never been - did not rank.

HTH!:thumbsup2

planet Hollywood Not impressed with the menu, food is nothing to get excited about

crystal palace Love breakfast, dinner is ok but the foods are very very salty

chef mickey Love breakfast, dinner is terrible

Tusker Will be trying breakfast next Sunday, I hear the food is very good

Hollywood and vine Went here for dinner, there service and the food was the worst we ever had, will never go back

tonys town square Been for lunch and dinner, liked it very much...DH loved the calamari and requested dinner here for our trip next week.

captains grille

Never eatten at H & V. But if you are on the meal plan isn't it 2 Table services? Sounds pretty bad on this thread???? What is it that is so bad? Sevrice, food, both, everything?

planet Hollywood - eh very generic, which i dont like to do for disney
crystal palace - best
chef mickey - best
Tusker - best
Hollywood and vine - never been
tonys town square - cute, not the best but not the worst
captains grille
-never been

planet Hollywood--ate there last September---HORRIBLE!
crystal palace--we loved the food here for dinner
chef mickey--haven't tried
Tusker--haven't tried
Hollywood and vine--haven't tried
tonys town square--haven't tried
captains grille--haven't tried

Never eatten at H & V. But if you are on the meal plan isn't it 2 Table services? Sounds pretty bad on this thread???? What is it that is so bad? Sevrice, food, both, everything?

It's one credit per person. On both of our visits (wish we had stopped after the first time), it was rude hostess, bad service (took 20 minutes to get drinks, tables never cleared of dishes, waited another 20 minutes for bill); food was mediocre at best...and that's when there was food...there were often empty bins, the food was lukewarm, etc. The restaurant was filthy--garbage on the floor under the tables, sticky tables, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter