please help with our itinerary!

mom o'2princesses

Mom o'3Princesses - new princess added to the cast
We'll be going from April 3 through 10. Our party consists of two toddlers, (whose ages will be 20 months and a week shy of 3 years) and four adults. We're staying offsite. I'd love any opinions on the general schedule I have planned!

Thursday - arrive late afternoon

Friday - Magic Kingdom AM
lunch ??
Back to room for naps
Magic Kingdom PM (I'd love to get back in time for the afternoon parade)
dinner?

Saturday - rest day- pool /golf for the guys
Dinner- Chef Mickeys 5:30 PS

Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Lunch - Rainforest Cafe Noon PS

Monday - Disney MGM
Lunch??
Dinner - Rose & Crown for just DH and me 7:30 PS & Illuminations

Tuesday - rest day- pool/golf for the guys
Dinner - Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare 5:30 PS

Wednesday - Breakfast - Princess Storybook 10am PS
Magic Kingdom PM
Dinner??

With kids as young as ours, I would really like to catch a parade or two somewhere, but it's tough because they usually nap from around 1-3pm. Unless the fireworks are early (before 8) I dont think my kids will last to see them. Does anyone know what the historical hours for parades & fireworks have been in the past for early April? Thanks for reading! I'd love any input on the general schedule and dining suggestions.

Your itinerary sounds pretty good. You may not have to leave for naps if they are good at falling asleep in their strollers. Thats what we did the last time we went. As for the parade it is a MUST. The 3:00 parade at MK is perfect for thier ages and worth the effort on being there. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I noticed you didn't have Epcot on your list - I think Tapestry of Nations is a really nice parade (although no characters) that starts at 6. The puppeters do try to get the kids involved.

Word is that TOD will be ending this month with a new parade to debut in March at Epcot. So, you'll definitely want to check into the new parade--particularly if its a later evening affair like TOD.

There are also a number of other things at Epcot for your children to enjoy. Our son was 22 mos when we were at the parks last week. While it isn't an all-day affair, there are a number of attractions suitable for that age group:

The Living Seas
Journey Into Imagination (particularly the activity area at the end)
Honey I Shrunk The Audience
Some areas of Innoventions
...to name just a few...

Our son also loves the fountains near the Imagination pavilion.

We visited the same week 2001, with a 2 year old and 6yr old. Epcot was a hit for them, I know a lot of people think its too old for young ones but I couldn't disagree more. We hit Epcot on a Saturday and didn't wait for anything. Both kids loved the parade it does get interactive with the little ones and the fireworks are not to be missed. I agree with the previous response try to get them to sleep in the carraige but also go back to hotel mid day (we did 1-4) If nothing else its just nice to get back to the hotel, swim and cool off, to recharge for the evening. My kids are usually up by 6 am and back in bed by 7:30 but we found they were fine staying up late in the magical world of Disney. I am a big fan of routine but this is one time to let it go. We also loved AK. The features for young ones at MGM are mostly over by 4pm so last time we missed most since we scheduled that park for late afternoons...oops but now we have a whole new park to do next time. As for MK while Toontown, fantasyland and tommorrow land are definitely geared for the little ones...my kids didn't like it because it was sooo crowded. I think MK is the most crowded park of them all whenever you go. OOPS< I babbled on sorry> hope you find it useful info thought. Most of all have fun. We also did not find it very crowded that week, this year we are going mid march and I am already regretting it thinking it will be too crowded.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be at Epcot the last morning. We'll plan to spend some time there before and after the Princess Storybook Breakfast! I can't wait! Thanks again.

If your kids like characters, I would go for character meals whenever you can manage it. The photos with characters around your kids make a great album. I like Crystal Palace in the MK for breakfast, lunch or dinner and the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner in the MK. Likewise, Hollywood & Vine at MGM has a great character breakfast and lunch with the characters not only interacting with your table but dancing at times through the restaurant. Most adults enjoy these character meals, too. Finally, it's fun to eat in Cinderella Castle at any meal (although breakfast is the only character meal). Have a great time!

Steven Barrett, author of the "Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" published by The Intrepid Traveler Publishers

I would recommend Chef Mickey's at for dinner the night you arrive. It is a great way to get in the Disney spirit without paying admission. The napkin twirling at dinner and the characters is something they will love.

If they (and you) aren't exhausted you could also take in the Electric Water Parade(again free no park admission)

Enjoy:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter