Please help with Contemporary Room Selection!

mediamaven

Earning My Ears
We are beginning to plan for a Disney trip in Feb. or Apr. 2009. When I was young, my family was fortunate to be able to stay at the Contemporary several times in the late 70s/early 80s. I want to go back there with my own kids for nostalgic reasons plus the fact that it's so close to the MK!

We always stayed in one of the garden wings (I think it was the North Garden Wing) and I remember my sister and I being able to just open the patio door and run down to the beach to watch the water parade! What fun!

For those of you who have stayed there recently, are the garden wings still a good place to be? I think I read that one wing has been demolished :confused3 but that there was still one garden wing left. Does it allow you to get to the beach? Are there any problems with noise or other disadvantages with staying in the garden wing now? Can anyone suggest any room numbers to try to ask for?

Thanks so much in advance for your help! :)

The North Wing has been knocked down to build....we do not know yet..maybe DVC?? but in saying that the south wing is still up..and very popular. I booked The CR for August but in the main tower MK view..to me it was worth ever dollar..my kids will love it! I love to save money also..but I didn't like the GV rooms because there was a chance I would not have a patio or balcony..only the first floor has a patio. I like to put my kids to sleep and get some wine with my hubby and sit outside on my balcony..it let's us unwind and enjoy each other :lovestruc

go to the CR thread and ask any questions you may have triplefigs and Cr resort are the most knowledgeable regarding the CR and you can get a lot of information on that thread :)

CR FAQ Thread

The North Garden Wing has been demolished which was the wing closest to the MK. The South Garden Wing has been completely refurbished. You will still be close to the beach and a short walk to the Tower. There are also standard Tower rooms with either a Bay Lake View or Theme Park View.

Here is a map to show the room numbers. None of the Garden Wing rooms have balconies. 1st floor has a patio, and 2nd and 3rd floors have a slider that open with a rail, but no standing balcony. There is tons of good info and pictures on the CR thread.

Have fun!

ContemporaryMap.gif

Are there any problems with noise or other disadvantages with staying in the garden wing now?
Even though I have not stayed in the Garden Wing section before from what I know it would be a lot more quiet then staying in the Tower, because you don't hear noise from the restaurants and seeing everyone walking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter