• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with choosing Park dates for my upcoming Vacation!

DaviVascaino

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone,

My next WDW vacation is getting close. Family of 4, my boys are 10 and 7. We were at Disney this Feb 2022 and LOVED it so much that I did save some money and got us a week at Boardwalk Villa. This will be the first time that we will be staying at a Disney resort, so everyone is excited!

I would like to take advantage of Extended evening hours (assuming they will keep for Feb. 2023.) Disney released the EEH for Epcot January 2nd 2023, so I assume they should continue at least until March 2023 (end of 50th anniversary). If it is the same as Feb 2022, Epcot EEH should be on Mondays and MK Wednesday.

We will be going to the parks from Feb 11th (Saturday) to Feb 17th (Friday). We will be back home on Feb 18th. I bought 7 day-park ticket.

I wanted to take advantage of the EEH, and I am trying to not put the same park 2 days in a row.
This is what I came up with. I am looking for suggestions based on everyone's experience or if any day is better/worse to visit a specific park (crowd levels). I also took in consideration the After hours events so I don't have to leave the park early (Hollywood is on Wednesday and MK is on Monday/Thursday)

Saturday (arrival day): won't be able to go to park until 3pm or so, so decided to pick Epcot (it is a park that has less rides for the kids, so I think it is a good choice for the half day)
Sunday: Hollywood Studios
Monday: Epcot (to take advantage of EEH)
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom (opens later, so it would be a good day let the kids sleep in after EEH from Epcot)
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom (to take advantage of EEH)
Thursday: Hollywood Studios
Friday: MK

Thanks for any input/advice!

Hello Everyone,

My next WDW vacation is getting close. Family of 4, my boys are 10 and 7. We were at Disney this Feb 2022 and LOVED it so much that I did save some money and got us a week at Boardwalk Villa. This will be the first time that we will be staying at a Disney resort, so everyone is excited!

I would like to take advantage of Extended evening hours (assuming they will keep for Feb. 2023.) Disney released the EEH for Epcot January 2nd 2023, so I assume they should continue at least until March 2023 (end of 50th anniversary). If it is the same as Feb 2022, Epcot EEH should be on Mondays and MK Wednesday.

We will be going to the parks from Feb 11th (Saturday) to Feb 17th (Friday). We will be back home on Feb 18th. I bought 7 day-park ticket.

I wanted to take advantage of the EEH, and I am trying to not put the same park 2 days in a row.
This is what I came up with. I am looking for suggestions based on everyone's experience or if any day is better/worse to visit a specific park (crowd levels). I also took in consideration the After hours events so I don't have to leave the park early (Hollywood is on Wednesday and MK is on Monday/Thursday)

Saturday (arrival day): won't be able to go to park until 3pm or so, so decided to pick Epcot (it is a park that has less rides for the kids, so I think it is a good choice for the half day)
Sunday: Hollywood Studios
Monday: Epcot (to take advantage of EEH)
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom (opens later, so it would be a good day let the kids sleep in after EEH from Epcot)
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom (to take advantage of EEH)
Thursday: Hollywood Studios
Friday: MK

Thanks for any input/advice!
I like it! The only thing that might be concerning is Epcot on a Saturday, I'd expect local crowds to be picking up about the time you arrive to enjoy the festival, especially if the weather is good. Not saying I'd do it differently, just something to be aware of.

Should be a good week to go, but late week crowds may start ramping up for the presidents day weekend, with presidents day on the 20th.

I like it! The only thing that might be concerning is Epcot on a Saturday, I'd expect local crowds to be picking up about the time you arrive to enjoy the festival, especially if the weather is good. Not saying I'd do it differently, just something to be aware of.

Should be a good week to go, but late week crowds may start ramping up for the presidents day weekend, with presidents day on the 20th.
Yeah, my last park day will be Friday, and I would have already visited MK on Wednesday, so I would be leaving early if gets too crowded. Thank you for your input

Feb 11th (Saturday) to Feb 17th (Friday)

My friend usually goes this week every year. Normally it's a shoulder week with the crowds picking up towards the end of the week, although she said 2022 was a madhouse. If 2023 has a more normalized crowd distribution, it should be a decent week.

My friend usually goes this week every year. Normally it's a shoulder week with the crowds picking up towards the end of the week, although she said 2022 was a madhouse. If 2023 has a more normalized crowd distribution, it should be a decent week.
I was there in Feb 2022, a week before (like first week of Feb) and it was indeed super crowded for the time of the year. I hope 2023 is better

-EEH at Epcot does not get as good reviews as MK. The park just doesn’t have that many rides and they’re pretty spread out, so I’d you haven’t already maybe read reviews on it here on the DIS before getting dedicated to it

-If AK adjusts hours to an 8am opening, early entry will be 7:30am. Look for adjustments a few weeks out from your trip. Personally I wouldn’t trade early entry at AK for EEH at EP

-EEH at Epcot does not get as good reviews as MK. The park just doesn’t have that many rides and they’re pretty spread out, so I’d you haven’t already maybe read reviews on it here on the DIS before getting dedicated to it

-If AK adjusts hours to an 8am opening, early entry will be 7:30am. Look for adjustments a few weeks out from your trip. Personally I wouldn’t trade early entry at AK for EEH at EP

I see your point. I might do both since we will be doing AK only one day. I will do late entry to Mk for example.

Last feb, AK had an opening time 9 AM.

thanks for the feedback

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter