• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help us decide which resort

kassiepatricia

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about either staying at Polynesian or the Beach Club. Which resort would you recommend for two adults (brother and sister). We are looking at late April/early May 2018. We are not interested in pools. We would appreciate any recommendations you have for us. Thanks in advance.

So last month I did a split stay between the Poly and the Yacht Club (technically attached and part of the Beach and Yacht Club resort). My family (husband, two sons 7 and 2) liked both, but prefer YC. The customer service was SO much better there. It was great being able to take the monorail to MK, but the monorail was down for part of our stay negating that advantage. The Poly is really beautiful and I would stay there again, but the ability to walk to two parks was wonderful. The bus to MK was only about 15 minutes, and that was after the first show of Happily Ever After and traffic related to an accident. You can't go wrong with either choice, but unless MK is your number one park, go with YC.

We are thinking about either staying at Polynesian or the Beach Club. Which resort would you recommend for two adults (brother and sister). We are looking at late April/early May 2018. We are not interested in pools. We would appreciate any recommendations you have for us. Thanks in advance.

My choice would be the Poly. We've stayed at both and while the BC is nice, we prefer the MK area over the Epcot area and we love the relaxing tropical atmosphere of the Poly. There's also nothing better (IMO) than seeing the castle every day.

Beach Club. We've stayed at both and even if the pool isn't an issue (and it is much better at BC) the transportation/dining options still win out for me. Short 5-10 minute walk to Epcot, a bit longer walk or boat ride to Hollywood Studios, and you can walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk area, Swan & Dolphin for dining, not to mention the restaurants available at Yacht/Beach Club. Note that you'll need park hopper tickets to take full advantage of the proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

The Poly is nice but I don't think it has a many pluses as Beach/Yacht Club. All that said, if you are spending a large majority of your time at Magic Kingdom only, then I'd consider Poly.

I would choose Beach Club.

My brother and I did a trip together a few years ago when we were both in our 30's. We stayed at YC and I think it was a great choice because of the proximity to all the restaurants on the Boardwalk and in Epcot.

I've stayed at both BC and Poly with my brother - we do a yearly sibling trip! - and have enjoyed both resorts; I'd stay at either in a heartbeat. Since pools aren't important to you, I'd base the decision more on what parks you're planning to visit. BC is walking distance to both Epcot and HS while the Poly is just a monorail or boat ride away from MK. (You can also walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot.)

Personally, the Poly is my favorite overall resort for its laid back vibe and generously sized rooms. And if you're into bars/lounges, it's fun to do a "monorail crawl" and hit up the bars at the monorail resorts. :)

I would pick Beach Club. We've stayed at both and we just love being able to walk to Epcot, and take a boat or walk to DHS. It's also nice having the Boardwalk area right there, because it has restaurants, ice cream shop, bakery, plus there are performers out at night.

Establish your park priorities then decide on resort. For MK it's the Poly, for Ep/DHS it's BC. :earsboy:

I like the theme and decor much more at Poly than at BC. You can take Monorail or boat to MK and enjoy all the other monorail resorts and restaurants--you can go over to the WL by boat from the CR. You can take Monorail to EP. Not a big fan of HS at this point, so walking there from BC is not necessarily a draw for me, but walking to EP and all the restaurants is definitely a plus. Have fun deciding!

I would choose the Poly. The atmosphere is more relaxed and the grounds are more lush and beautiful. You can walk on the beach, view the water parade and the fireworks from there.
Or, you could take a walk up to the Grand Floridian. It's very relaxing after dark.
You could hit up Trader Sam's for drinks, snacks, and a good time.
If you like sushi, there is also a sushi bar.
You can't beat the transportation either. Monorail access gets you right to MK and the TTC where you can hop over to Epcot. Or you could take a nice leisurely walk over to the TTC. The busses are usually shared with GF, but the Poly if picked up first and dropped off first.

So last month I did a split stay between the Poly and the Yacht Club (technically attached and part of the Beach and Yacht Club resort). My family (husband, two sons 7 and 2) liked both, but prefer YC. The customer service was SO much better there. It was great being able to take the monorail to MK, but the monorail was down for part of our stay negating that advantage. The Poly is really beautiful and I would stay there again, but the ability to walk to two parks was wonderful. The bus to MK was only about 15 minutes, and that was after the first show of Happily Ever After and traffic related to an accident. You can't go wrong with either choice, but unless MK is your number one park, go with YC.

This 100%. We also did a split with Poly and BC and preferred BC.

If you're not going to swim, I'd recommend staying at the Poly for the convenience of the monorail.

We have stayed at both resorts several times. We enjoy both but love the Poly. I would pick the Poly - but what about the BWI - if you don't want pools. We love the nightlife on the Boardwalk - it is so much fun.

Excluding the pool, I would say Poly.

Poly has great on-site attractions like Trader Sam's, Tambu Lounge (favorite lounge), and the Luau. You can even rent a sea racer (Seven Seas Lagoon) or a jet ski (Bay Lake/CR). Poly also has the best view of MK from the beach and you are on the monorail loop so you are connected to a lot of deluxe resorts with other exciting activities. The walk to Epcot is nice from the Beach Club, but you can walk from Poly to the TTC and take the Epcot beam. HS takes some time by boat from the Beach Club and that walk is not as short as Epcot. If you get a very warm day (which could happen in April/May), I think it would be unbearable.

The rooms at Poly are also larger than the Beach Club. The only thing I would say is that at Poly the sinks are located in the same room as the toilet and the shower whereas at the Beach Club, the sinks are separated from the rest of the bathroom by a door.

Oh, goodness, this is so subjective.

There are times during my 20s/30s when I loved Poly. Easy access to MK, on the monorail loop for dining and drinking at other resorts, and a quick walk to the TCC to get to Epcot.

There are other times during my 20s/30s when I loved Epcot area resorts. Amazing access to Epcot, easy access to DHS, and great access to dining and drinking at Epcot's world showcase and at boardwalk area establishments.

Personally, I find both Poly and BC to be busy resorts. Poly is often crawling with visitors for general interest, 'Ohana, Luau Cove and now Trader Sam's. It's most apparent in the GCH, but on all stays there (in both high and low season), have noticed heavy traffic on the grounds after Luau performances. BC's lobby is also busy, thanks in large part to Cape May. Boardwalk area just outside BC is also busy with traffic to Epcot/general boardwalk area/Hurricane Hanna's. However, rooms in both are large and lovely and generally quiet. I just wouldn't call either resort 'relaxing' based on my experience. Both can be relaxing, but both can also be hives of activity.

I love YC because the public areas there are generally much less busier than over at BC. Same great location, but a much more (IMO) relaxing atmosphere overall.

All of that said, I'd pick a resort based on my park plans. If my trip were MK heavy, I'd go with Poly. If I was going to spend a significant amount of time at DHS, I'd go with BC. If I was a huge Epcot World Showcase fan, likewise, I'd go with BC. If you're planning on visiting each park just once, go with whatever resort most appeals to you. My family (including many in their late 20s early 30s) love the boardwalk area most of all for location. But many in my family LOVE DHS and Epcot's WS during the food and wine festival. A lot depends on your own preferences...but both are great resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter