PLEASE help this indecisive one (Swan or Poly?)

Luv2Travel

Member since there were less than 5000 members!
Okay, so I got upset with WDW, decided to give up on the AP rates, and then proceeded to book the Swan for the $139 AP rate. I'm most grateful that the S/D has such good deals out for AP holders - the rates, the upgrades, and the late check-outs are very generous. So why do I still want to go to the Poly for $60 (+tax) more a night (for 5 nights = $340 more) IF AP rates come out? The Swan has been newly renovated, is in a great location, has a wonderful pool and I KNOW my family would love it, but I still have this silly desire to stay at a WDW resort this time.:( :o What would you do? Save the money and be totally happy with the Swan, or splurge and visit the Poly? Thanks for any advice!:)

Well...I LOVE the Swan, and the thought of the Poly does absolutely nothing for me! ;) But you should stay where you want...so maybe tell yourself that IF the AP rates become available, you'll switch to the Poly.

Don't talk yourself out of a good thing.
--"I'm most grateful that the S/D has such good deals out for AP holders - the rates, the upgrades, and the late check-outs are very generous."
--"The Swan has been newly renovated, is in a great location, has a wonderful pool and I KNOW my family would love it"
--"Save the money and be totally happy with the Swan"

If you'll be totally happy, your family would love it, AND you're saving $340, go for the Swan. How many little umbrella drinks can you get for $340?

So, What makes you think that Poly is better than Swan and that you are "splurging" by paying more for the Ploy??

Have you consulted your shrink lately?

I personally think you are throwing money away if you go the the Poly when you can bask in the luxury of the Swan. Only difference positive to the Poly is that you can charge to your room number at the Poly and not at the Swan. How much junk are you needing to charge to your Poly room number anyway? Personally I pay cash for anything other than my air fare and room. If you need to charge anything else you should probably consider either getting a loan before you go or staying home.

I'm having the same problem. I have reservations at the Swan with the AP discount. And I have reservations for the same time period at the Beach Club with the AAA discount. There's over $100.00 a day difference and if there are no AP rates for the BC, I'll definitely cancel it and go with the Swan. But I love the Beach Club and if they do come out with AP discounts I'll have a real decision to make. So far I'm telling myself if the difference is $20.00 or less a day I'll keep the BC reservations. If it's more, I'll cancel the BC and keep the Swan. It's too bad Disney couldn't get it's act together sooner and put out the discounts. I didn't even break down and make the Swan reservation until yesterday. If they'd come out with the AP discounts last week I would have gone for whatever rate they have and not even considered the Swan. To those who like the Swan, I have nothing against it; I just love the Beach Club.

This is my first post here so sorry if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'd pick the Swan over the Poly, especially if you save a lot of money. The Swan is right next to the Boardwalk and so close to Epcot and MGM. You really feel like you're in WDW, wait you are!! You can't get anymore Disney than the Swan/Dolphin.

But I think I'd pick the BC over the Swan if the price were the same.

Welcome to the Boards, Kathey!!!

Kathy I'm in your same predicament. Did you say Poly was only 60$ more per night? Did you have a comeback rate or something because I booked AAA GV and am paying about 250$ per night without tax (going in December which is supposed to be cheapest I think?). Still haven't decided myself. Only thing keeping me at Poly is that I have 2 small kids that need naps. If yours don't I'd go for swan--it seems like a classier hotel.

This is what I was needing - a Swan pep talk. :) ;)

Have you consulted your shrink lately?
No, she got tired of hearing about my Disney woes! LOL!

alexedan - the $60 difference would be between Swan's AP rate and what I am guessing (based on past AP rates) the AP rate at the Poly would be.

The only few reasons I have for leaning toward the Poly is that I can see MK from the poly by walking along a beach, we would be on the monorail, and we could use a the extra daybed for a third child.

However, we've stayed at the BC before and I could easily be swayed to stay there again also!;) I told you I'm an indecisive one!;) :o :rolleyes:

Keep the pep talk coming - my shrink is too expensive!;)

I know how you feel. We're YC/BC fans and it would be hard for us to book anything else. But, with the great rates I would definitely try the Swan or Dolphin. But, that's in the same Epcot Resort area so we feel like we would only really truly miss Stromalong Bay. If you like the Poly, you are talking about a whole different area.

Nonetheless, the Swan and Dolphin are beautiful resorts and we thoroughly enjoy the Epcot area. I think you should give it a try - heck..that's a lot of money. You could spend it on some other fun things for your vacation.

PamNC

Well we just got back and we stayed at both the Poly for the 7 day FTP and then the swan for 3 days. I liked both of them. Maybe you could do both too. With any money you save get some nice meals or souveniers. We liked the pool better at the swan and the availability of beach chairs, sand and beach volleyball etc. I did find their heavenly beds great. The food was a little overpriced and the mugs we didnt bother with. Look inconvenient compared to captain cooks quick stop. The only draw back was the inability to charge to the hotel. It was a pain giving our kids cash in the parks for everything. But with an Ap you can get the best of both worlds. Also dont Ap holders get a 20% discount on swan/dolphin restaurants? Whatever you chose you will have fun. We also did not like the more walking to the new bus stop at the Poly. It was easier when it was just right out the front of the GCH.

I think you should split your stay!!! You can have the best of both worlds. The days you know you will be at MK you could stay at Poly, and those you will spend more at Epcot area resorts, stay at the Swan. This way, you will have the best of both worlds. Think of the convenience for after you attend MNSSHP. Just hop on the monorail and you will be back at your room in no time. Five minutes can make a big difference. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for the AP rates so you can stay at the Poly. I know how much you want to stay there. If I don't see you at church Wed. night (due to Mom's knee surgery), let me know what you decide to do-CALL ME THURS. MORNING!!!!!!!! I'll be home after droping kids off at school. I'm anxious to hear what you decide.:D

Just remember that the whole purpose is to enjoy your life and whichever decision you make your will likely have a marvelous time. Because of my background, I would opt for the Swan or Dolphin just because of the loacation and my view of what elegance is. But you have your own perceptions and only you know which will, after all considerations, make you feel better. Live your life for yourself and your own pleasure. I can't imagine you having a bad time at either, and remember that you don't necessarily need to make the perfect decision. Just close will do just fine.

wareagle - you're so funny!;) You know I'll already be splitting my stay between WDW and the HRH. I don't think I can talk DH into another hotel switch. (Okay, so that thought already crossed my mind and I already asked him.:rolleyes: :p ;) ) Anyway, I'll call you tomorrow and let you know if I've made a decision. Hope your mother's knee surgery goes well.

grimp - I like your outlook on life. Could you just be my shrink? ;) :D

Thanks for all of the replies. I probably will just keep my ressies at the Swan. We've stayed at the Dolphin before and I know they are beautiful resorts and that I'm getting a steal of price (although not as good as $99/night the first time that I went ;) ). I'll just have to see how good those discounts are in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter