please help me with iteniary for oct 9-17th

babylily

Earning My Ears
This is my first time posting and since I've read so many helpful suggestions to others I was hoping you could help me.
Me, DH, DS 12 and DS 13 will be arriving saturday Oct 9th at noontime. We plan on 3 days in Disney and 3 at Universal.
I 've heard saturdays at mk are terrible. Should I just hang at the pool that day or attempt it anyhow? Or should I start at another park first? I think my boys are a little old for mk but I at least want to try it. Or should I start at universal?
WE rented a house close by in Kissimee so we should be only a few miles away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all the info... I'm so glad I stumbled upon this board!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

October is one of the slower months in the park. Dont think you will have a problem with any big crowds. I think you may be wrong about your sons and the MK. There are plenty of rollar coasters, Pirates, the Haunted Mansion. They may not care too much for Fantasyland but the rest they will enjoy. You also might consider Disneyquest for them. Here is a teen suggestion site:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/experience/experienceLanding?id=TeensExperiencePage

You might want to consider a few PS, character meals or one of the popular restaurants. Many of these are not in the park.
Cal Grill, Whispering Canyon, Yachtsmans St, Narcoossees, Ohana, Artist Pt, Le Cellier. It is also a great way to visit the beautiful resorts.

Do allow yourself plenty of time to get to the parks as you will probably using 192 & I4 which are congested no matter when you go. At all parks you will be in a large parking lot then shuttled to transportation to get the entrance. You walk from your car to the US/IOA entrance.

Wow thanks for that teen link. You're probably right, sounds like there is some cool stuff for the kids at MK.
I realized after the fact that I posted my question in the wrong thread. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, I'm sure I'll have many more soon but will try to post them in the appropriate thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter