Please Help! Honeymoon advice

cmd0819

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm hoping you guys can offer me some advice!

It's a long story, but I am surprising my FI with a honeymoon following our August wedding (he thinks we can't afford one, but I got free airline tickets and a pin!)

The WL is his all-time favorite place to stay. In fact, for the past 4 years we have not stayed anywhere else and he has never stayed in another Disney resort yet, while I have.

When I booked our honeymoon I thought we should try a new hotel, so I went for the Poly. I love that hotel and he loves the Magic Kingdom so it seemed like a perfect fit. Lately, I have been looking to upgrade to concierge level since it is our honeymoon! The don't have club-level rooms at the Poly on the discount (and I can't shell out $3300 for one!) but they do have a standard room on club level at WL and a garden room club level at the YC.

My questions, what would you do? I know FI would love the WL, but we stay there all the time... is YC a far trip the the Magic Kingdom (where we will spend most of the time)? Or, should we just keep the standard non-concierge room at the Poly?

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Hmm...I don't know. I would just keep the room at the poly,sometime's,not all the time,when you check in and ask for an upgrade,they give you one if they know your on your honeymoon. Doesn't happen to everybody though.

I would stay at the poly to. YC is far from the Magic kingdom you can go threw EPCOT and take the monorail over, or take a bus. But if your spending most of your time at Magic I would stay at the poly start something new. who know's maybe he will like it more. :)

thanks for your thoughts :goodvibes

As much as I would like concierge, I think FI will enjoy the Poly a bit more. It's hard to pass up concierge though!

just know that the poly doesn't have any king sized beds and no hot tub...that was a surprise to me when we stayed there after our wedding/

thanks for your thoughts :goodvibes

As much as I would like concierge, I think FI will enjoy the Poly a bit more. It's hard to pass up concierge though!

Some of our best memories of DLR (the Grand in Cali vs. WDW) are of us all relaxing in the concierge lounge in the afternoon after a day at the park. I swear half of our pictures are in that room!

But when it is just a couple of us we forego the concierge and have a fabulous meal at one of the restaurants we might not ordinarily have eaten at, because we scarf so many appetizers in the lounge! (Most recent was Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at DTD in Cali, Yum Yum.)

I know this is mostly for WDW, but y'all might make your way out here sometime!!!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter