Please Help!! Disk Problems

huskies90

DIS Veteran
Hi I just got home and went to load my pictures on the PC and I was getting errors. I could see my pictures on the camera but they were not working on the PC. I deleted a "blank" picture on the camera and now when I turn on my camera it says "Card Set UP - Format Disk now YES/NO. And on the PC I cannot read any files it just says The Disk is not formatted.

I am thinking I have lost my 200+ pictures. Is there anything I can do to get them off the disk?? I am assuming that if I format, the pictures are gone...

YES!! If you format the card the pictures are gone! Do not format the card!
I am assuming you connect the camera to the computer to move the pictures on to your computer. If you have the camera connected to the computer and if you used your computer to delete the picture while it was connected to the computer the camera probably won't recognize the files anymore. If the camera does't recognize them it can't tell windows what they are. Buy ( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6781976&type=product&id=1089890487405 ) or borrow a card reader and you should be able to move them to your computer that way. Just like moving files off of any other drive to your C drive.
Hopefully this will straighten it out and then you can format that card after the pictures are safely on your computer.

Thanks everyone. I was able to download some Freeware that recovered the pics from the card. Two of the pictures were corrupted and didn't come out but I got everything else back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter