Please Help Choose Resort for Split Stay!

bigeyedfish

Mouseketeer
We are headed to Disney in early March 2018 for the first time. Dates are somewhat flexible - we could go anywhere from the 1st to the 10th. Either 6 or 7 nights. I know for certain we will be spending our last two nights at AKL. Where should we spend the first 4/5?

It will be me traveling alone with 4 kids ages 5-11. DH wants no part of Disney! I do anticipate spending 5 Park days (2 in MK and 1 in all others) and a fair amount of time in the Resort itself. From what I understand HS is a 1/2 day and also potentially Epcot.

I have it narrowed down to:

POR Garden View
AoA Suite
Coronado Springs Jr Suite
WL Villa
Poly Standard

Any thoughts?

Prices increase as you go down the list. This will likely be our one and only trip as a family and so I'm considering everything! I'd rather not pay Deluxe prices, but I will if it would enhance our experience. The Values don't appeal much to me, but I do love the theming at AoA and my kids would love it! I am not looking for a Suite in particular, but rather what fits a family of 5.

Poly! We love the theming and it is an easy resort to walk around. You can take the monorail or boat to MK and it is a short walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. The electrical water pageant is a favorite and depending on the room you can see the MK fireworks there or at the beach I believe.

Poly for the monorail, mainly. If the kids were older, I'd choose Wilderness Lodge. And when we are watching our costs, POR. But since cost isn't a concern, I'd definitely stay at a monorail resort.

We are headed to Disney in early March 2018 for the first time. Dates are somewhat flexible - we could go anywhere from the 1st to the 10th. Either 6 or 7 nights. I know for certain we will be spending our last two nights at AKL. Where should we spend the first 4/5?

It will be me traveling alone with 4 kids ages 5-11. DH wants no part of Disney! I do anticipate spending 5 Park days (2 in MK and 1 in all others) and a fair amount of time in the Resort itself. From what I understand HS is a 1/2 day and also potentially Epcot.

I have it narrowed down to:

POR Garden View
AoA Suite
Coronado Springs Jr Suite
WL Villa
Poly Standard

Any thoughts?

Poly would be my first choice (with WL a very close second). You will have two queen beds and a comfortable daybed, plus a really big room. Plus access to the monorail to MK and walking access to TTC to catch the EP monorail. Fun pool, great theming. It will make YOUR life traveling with 4 kids much easier than the other resorts you've listed!

I LOVE WL. The theming is amazing and the resort itself will be very entertaining for the children. Great pool, a basketball court, arcade, ping pong, etc. You can also boat or walk over to Ft. W for all of the activities there (playground, stables, etc.). I'm assuming you are looking at a studio? They are very nice and you would have a kitchenette. You would only be sacrificing some room space and the monorail. The boat to MK is very efficient (you can even boat to CR and walk to MK from there), but the busses are typically shared with Ft. W so can take a little bit of extra time to reach the other parks.

Coronado - I wouldn't stay there during construction and, IMHO, the Jr. Suites aren't worth the price tag. I would highly suggest WL and Poly over this option.

AoA - SO uncomfortable. Yes, you'll have more space, but you'll be dealing with a very chaotic food court, uncomfortable bedding and a really loud resort. We stayed here the first year it opened and the theming was quite amazing when we first walked in, but the resort itself was so uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to leave.

POR Garden View - I would actually pick this over Coronado and AoA. The resort is so lovely and you'd have to boat to DS. Yes, you would sacrifice some space, but have a much nicer resort.

Poly if you can afford it. The rooms are huge. The next one would be Wilderness Lodge. The villa would be great with its full kitchen and washer and dryer. The boat to MK is fun, too. The disadvantage to the Poly would be the separate buildings. There would be more walking at the Poly than at the WL and not so nice when it is raining.
But either resort is good. :)

Poly if you can afford it. Especially being along with 4 kids. It will make life much easier.

Alone with four young children will be work to move. You may want to consider just one resort for the whole time. All of your choices are good ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter