please help a running family newbie!

princess lovers mom

take me home....
I am sure you experienced people can answer these things quickly for me :))
- staying at Beach Club- is there transportation to ESPN for bib pick up- can everyone go or just racers
- what time should we leave hotel on race day (half marathon)
- is there bus transport from hotel to start
- suggestions for spectator process- should we go to start with the racers? where can we watch? how do we get there?
anything I dont know? I have tried looking at runDisney website but there seems to be limited info

thanks!!!!

Yes there are buses to the expo. Takes forever though, so I usually uber. Runners should be on a bus by 3:30AM. Non-runners can leave later assuming you don't want to go to the start. You are welcome to go to the start, but I would find a cheer spot. MK is open to cheerers (mainstreet, this is around mile 5). Other good spot include by the GF, and along the boardwalk (this is great for you since you are right there). This is just past mile 11.

I am sure you experienced people can answer these things quickly for me :))
- staying at Beach Club- is there transportation to ESPN for bib pick up- can everyone go or just racers
- what time should we leave hotel on race day (half marathon)
- is there bus transport from hotel to start
- suggestions for spectator process- should we go to start with the racers? where can we watch? how do we get there?
anything I dont know? I have tried looking at runDisney website but there seems to be limited info

thanks!!!!

We will be at Beach Club also! :)

- Buses to the Expo are very easy to take and as long as you aren't in any big hurry, they work fine. Anybody can go to the Expo, so not just the racers
- There is a lot of variety on what time to leave, but we tend to like to be there early as I get nervous, so we are usually on one of the first buses at 3 AM, but lots of people wait until a bit later. There have been occasional incidents where buses took longer than expected to get to the start area, so be aware of that. Once there, it's a lengthy walk to the start area as well.
- See above. Yes, buses run to the start area. If you have a car you might want to consider driving, but otherwise, the buses have worked fine for us in the past.
- I haven't done much spectating, but from what I hear, the spectating at the start is bad. As mentioned, the better places are at TTC, or MK or outside the GF area.

They no longer hand out a paper event guide (which is a bummer IMO), but as a registered participant, you'll get an electronic version emailed to you in the next few weeks.

For spectating, my husband does the magic kingdom and then one more spot (Epcot or Hollywood Studios or the Boardwalk probably) and then meets me at the finish. The Boardwalk would be pretty convenient for you but the only downside is that you probably wouldn't be able to see your runner finish if that's something you wanted to do.

I can help with spectating timing if you can tell me the Proof of Time (or estimated finish) your runner submitted on their registration. Something like this:

screen-shot-2018-10-29-at-11-27-21-am-png.362010

It would give you a reasonable estimate as to when your runner will reach certain places that people commonly view. A common tactic is to view at TTC/GF/Finish since they are relatively close to each other and provide ample time for most spectators to see their runner's three times. This also assumes this is for the Marathon Weekend HM coming up in January.

I can help with spectating timing if you can tell me the Proof of Time (or estimated finish) your runner submitted on their registration. Something like this:

screen-shot-2018-10-29-at-11-27-21-am-png.362010

It would give you a reasonable estimate as to when your runner will reach certain places that people commonly view. A common tactic is to view at TTC/GF/Finish since they are relatively close to each other and provide ample time for most spectators to see their runner's three times. This also assumes this is for the Marathon Weekend HM coming up in January.

oh thanks- we have no idea what they are going to be able to do!! but your chart above is very helpful as is!!!

thank you all!!! I feel much calmer now- I am an super planner so having some unknowns has been exhausting- but I feel the calm coming :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter