Please explain the whole CS "holding tables" thing to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgoagainsoon

North Central PA
Ok, so I was just reading another thread and there was some discussion about not being able to hold a table while someone else in your party goes for the food. I had heard about this before it started, but how strictly do they enforce it? I mean it would be very difficult for my family of 5 including two almost 2yr olds in a dbl stroller to wait in most of the counter service lines all together, and then how would we carry trays, push the stroller or hold kids hands while trying to get a table?? I think we would annoy more people waiting in line, than if DH just waited at a table with them while I went to get the food. This almost makes me want to avoid CS's altogether.

Also, I had heard that Disney was replacing chairs in the CS places with stools, did they do this yet? That also seems like a nightmare for those of us with little ones...or anybody, for that matter, who can not sit comfortably on a stool. :confused3

Certain locations, certain times of day, certain times of year -- when crowds warrant it, I believe is how it was described.

The stools at Pecos Bills that you are referring to have actually been there for years (I have photos from mid 2008 showing them and someone else said it was a year or more before that).

People just don't like change, even if in some cases it's just a perceived change!

I saw the thread you are referring to and was shocked by some of the responses. I never realized it was considered inappropriate to "save" a table at counter service locations. My family has always used this strategy. We always thought we were being polite by not sending five people, including a couple small children, to wait on the already gigantic line at the register! We weren't trying to be territorial or claim a space in spite of others.

I suppose I should say that we will change our ways, but I don't think so. It works well, and it has never caused any problems. If Disney plans to regulate this technique, we will happily comply. Otherwise, I see no reason to change.

The posts on that other thread were interesting. I saw completely different perspectives.

folks this topic has become a heated debate more than once resulting closed threads

suffice to say, it happens only during hte busiest times, at certain locations. It does not happen every day at every place

the logic is that by the time a customer has gotten their food, the table being held could have already been turned over.

closing this thread now, thanks for understanding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter