Please explain A and B seats?

Captain Blue Sky said:
Consequently, this is not unique to Southwest, as you claim. What you don't mention, however, is that you would have to pay for any additional increase in air fare on a Southwest flight if the fare you obtained is lower than the current fares for those city pairings. [/auote]

OK...I have to say I don't understand this statment.

If I cancel a fare on SW then rebook with my credit...I only pay what the cost of the fare is.

I have changed flights on USAIR....I was charged the change of ticket fee and the cost of the fare was more so I had to pay that also. What am I missing here. On SW I save the cost of the Change of flight fee...

Blue Sky wasn't talking about US Airways. He mentioned TED and Song.

bicker said:
Blue Sky wasn't talking about US Airways. He mentioned TED and Song.

So, TED and Song don't charge you a change of ticket fee??

Many, many other airlines (mostly low cost carriers and some redefined carriers, like Delta's Song and United's Ted and ATA) have the exact same ticketless travel credit policy for unused flight segments.

I did not know this. I'll have to check it out - especially those that fly from my market (BDL) Thanks for the info.

What you don't mention, however, is that you would have to pay for any additional increase in air fare on a Southwest flight if the fare you obtained is lower than the current fares for those city pairings.

Admittedly I don't do lots of travel - and not being familiar with the other low cost carriers, I can't speak for how them, But I guess I equate SWA various fares with the "fare class" for other airlines. And if the fare class you booked in is not available, you may have to pay more on other airlines, too.

Hey, Captain Blue Sky! You're working for another airline now, right? I still miss ATA and those cushy 757-300s. We were able to use up most of our freebies by giving a flight to my boss...I still miss that generous frequent flyer companion ticket plan. My husband and I have adapated to Southwest for the most part, but my ATA Elite card is still in my wallet as a reminder of the "good old days."
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter