Please educate me about Shutters

cctimmom

Mouseketeer
* how does it work...
* how much does it cost (range of packages... how much do you get for how much money?)...
* do you have to select your pics while onboard or can do it online when you get home?

* any tips, ideas, suggestions?

TIA

Easy to answer.....on the ship; restaurants, Palo, characters greet and meet and on the island, there's many photograhpers taking very good quality pictures of yourself or your kids.

Then, usually the day after, it's posted on the Shudders lounge room, deck 3 or 4 for you to view. You choose which pictures you want....usually the size is 6 x 8 or 8 x 10.

I got the package of 10 pictures 6 x 8 for $84.00. Then I bought a few 8 x 10 for some more $$$.

We returned this morning and my pictures are already hunged up.

You can buy photos individually (8x10s were $20 ea) or buy a package. There are packages of just 6x8s (odd size for frames), just 8x10s, or a combo of both. 10 6x8s or 5 8x10s was $85, Combo package A (6 6x8s and 10 8x10s I think) was $170.

There were a lot more photos to choose form than we ever imagined. Most of the character pix were 6x8 and the dinner and Pirate Mickey or Minnie pix were 8x10. We ended up getting 15 6x8s and 5 8x10s. The combo packages always included more 8x10s than 6x8s which didn't work for us.

We paid for Combo A package early in the cruise so we could take the photos back to our cabin and think about them. As more photos became available, we upgraded to package B again so we could take them back to our cabin. The last night, we decided exactly what we wanted and went back and changed to the two separate packages of 6x8s and 8x10s.

There is no way to view your pics taken by a Shutters photog after you leave the ship. They do hold the digital images for a few weeks. I know some posters here have been been able to get pics from their cruise by calling DCL. But, they don't keep them that long and you can't view them online. You would pretty much have to describe the shot you were looking for.

They do not have a Photo Pass system like they do at WDW. But, they have installed new photo kiosks onboard where you can view your pics digitally and make some editing choices and can order multiple copies of a print.

Each time you have your pics taken by one of the onboard photogs they ask for your KTTW card. It gets swiped and then you can view your pics at one of the kiosks by inserting your KTTW. When we were onboard in January there were many glitches with the system from not having the cards read properly to people reporting they were able to view someone else's pics from their KTTW card. They are still working out the bugs on that system. They still print all the pics and put them on the walls. The kiosks are in addition to the regular prints at Shutters.

MJ

I'm surprised with everything digital that they waste the time and expense to print out still...

The new digital system was some quirks. When we tried to view our pix at the kiosks, we had pages and pages of other people's photos associated with our card. We were told the new system includes a photo recognition program which trie sto link pix to the right family even when the KTTW card is not available. We scrolled through over 200 pix that were not ours before we gave up trying to view at the kiosk.

I'm surprised with everything digital that they waste the time and expense to print out still...

I understand what you are saying but from a marketing standpoint there is nothing like seeing the printed pics. As a consumer I would be more inclined to buy the print that I see on display than the image from the screen. The pics really do look nice and they pretty much sell themselves.

MJ

yeah... I'm just afraid that I'm going to get the disapproving look from MH as I stand there and look at the pics... whereas if I can go stand a kiosk without feeling rushed, I'd probably inclined to buy more...:rolleyes1

I really wished they had photopass! We've bought the photopass CD every trip and usually end up with hundreds of photos on each, plus more with all the borders. Perfect for our digital photoframes.

I can't see us buying a lot of prints though. We just don't have that much wall space! Is there any option to get digital copies? That would make so much more sense, IMHO.

OH A CD... I would be in heaven... honestly it'll be hard to justify spending $100 for 15-20 pics in sizes we will never be able to use... but $100-150 for a CD... I could totally win that one... hmph... oh well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter