Playstation Tactics?

TLH1977

Mouseketeer
Ok, I know this is a long shot, but...

I'd like to get the new Playstation console for a friend for Christmas.

I know this will be a challenge, but I'm up for it...I just could use a little help from you guys! :teeth: Has anyone had any luck finding it, or do you have any advice on getting it without physically fighting folks at Toys 'R Us on Black Friday?

TIA!

It does not come out till November 17th. Cost will be 500.00. That is what DS is wanting for Christmas but we have not decided if that is something we want to do. My hope is that IF we decide to make this major investment, that the cost will cut down some on the scramble for them.

I doubt that they will be on sale for black friday!! If they can get 500.00 they will!!!!!

Supposedly, they are only releasing 400,000 before Christmas. So they will probably be gone the first day! There might be a few held for Black Friday, but I wouldn't count on it. We are hoping to hear of places reserve them or pre-sell, if anyone hears, please let me know!

Well you missed some already. This past sunday Toys r us did their pre orders. And a few weeks ago EBGames and GameStop did theirs. Best bet at this point would be getting one from one of the places that doesn't take a preorder like Target. Good luck and you are one heck of a friend to be doing that! :cheer2:

you sure are a heck of a friend to be willing to spend at least $500 on this person. I would laugh at my friend if he actually asked me for one..... :rotfl2:

Any parents out there trying to decide if they are going to make this purchase??? This is all Ds is asking for for Christmas and he has never asked for much, ever. We are really torn. That is a lot of money, he has the PS2 already but then we really do not buy him alot of stuff. Only child but we try hard not to indulge. We can afford it but not sure it is the right thing to do??????????/

Mssandra

TLH1977 said:

I know this will be a challenge, but I'm up for it...I just could use a little help from you guys! :teeth: Has anyone had any luck finding it, or do you have any advice on getting it without physically fighting folks at Toys 'R Us on Black Friday?

TIA!
Will you be my friend? :teeth: LOL

java said:
Well you missed some already. This past sunday Toys r us did their pre orders. And a few weeks ago EBGames and GameStop did theirs. :cheer2:

Oh, are you serious? I have called TRU several times asking about a preorder and signed up for notification on their website! GRRRRR!!! I knew I missed the EB Games and Gamestop, but was hoping I could get TRU.

Wait, you are getting this for a FRIEND?? Wow!

ps3 preorders are going for well over a $1000 on ebay now- chances of getting one before christmas w/o presale is slim to none- my tru or did presales for 6 and 15 for the Wii.I will wait till March when they have them in stock

kellia said:
Oh, are you serious? I have called TRU several times asking about a preorder and signed up for notification on their website! GRRRRR!!! I knew I missed the EB Games and Gamestop, but was hoping I could get TRU.

I wouldn't feel too bad - I heard our TRU took preorders for FOUR systems. That's all.

kellia said:

Yes don't feel bad around here they only took 3 preorders for the playstation 3 and the first guy was there since midnight! And according to my "game connection" the reason they are all only taking 2-3 preorders is that they really don't even know if they will get 1-5. Sony isn't saying or guaranteeing anything. We will wait on that one for them to work out the bugs and the price to hopefully come down........But I did preorder a Wii! :banana:

If you are going to buy one, get the more expensive one.

I can't express that more deeply. That extra $100 will buy YEARS of life out of the system. Buying one of the cheaper ones is like buying a Mercedes and getting it without A/C and without a stereo.

The extra $100 gets you a hard drive (which seperately is going to cost almost $100 anyway, and it's not a matter of if you'll need it but when), and MOST IMPORTANTLY an HDMI-connection.

It's the HDMI that's the kicker. HDMI is a new type of connection between TV's and machines that will soon become standard, partially because of the law (delivering digitally signed content). New TV's have them (and many people who bought HDTV's a couple of years ago, or even more recently, that don't have HDMI ports are fuming mad because they gimped) and from now on they are going to become standard.

If you buy the cheap PS3, it does not have an HDMI port, and there is no way to "add" one later. So that PS3 will never display the full graphical capabilities, even if hooked up to the bestest-of-best TV. In essence, a PS3 with HDMI is going to live a lot longer (many more years) than one without because it's going to stay "current" much longer.

Usually I don't word advice on such things so strongly...but seriously, if you've got that much to spend, another $100 will buy you a whole lot more.

NED

My ds has no interest in getting this yet-- he's so cute he says after the price comes down. However, if I could get my hands on it--- wow I'm sure I'd be able to ebay it for Christmas money. However, I'm not willing to stand in the freezing cold for 12+ hrs.

TLH1977 said:

do you have any advice on getting it without physically fighting folks at Toys 'R Us on Black Friday?

They always have great deals on previous models on Black Friday, but never the new stuff.

I have been looking at this and talking to a few gaming friends. they are waiting till march or later to buy the PS3. WHY?? THEY HAVE NOT WORKED OUT ALL THE BUGS. they had to scrap part of the system because it did not work!
they are getting the Wii.

I know that the walmart i work at is getting 4 PS3

NO presales- first come first serve.

We're getting one from EB Games/Gamestop. I was the first in line for presales the day they took them. There was no line at all, but I was there about 45 minutes early. While I was there, 4 people called trying to order over the phone, but thhey wouldn't take them, only in person.

I would recommend watching gamestop.com for internet preorders, or amazon or TRU online for preorders, unless you want to wait overnight on the 16th-17th at a brick and mortar like Best Buy or Target.

We are planning to get one for our 16yo DS. But we are only paying a portion of it. We made a donation to the "PS3 fund" on his birthday and will make a larger donation for Christmas. The rest of the $ will come from him. He worked this summer and has been saving his $ in anticpation of the launch date.

If you are planning on getting a PS3 keep in mind that if you do not have a presale your only chance of getting one is to be in line at least 15 hours before the store opens. My husband waited this weekend for the presale and got a PS3 and a Wii and waited for about 13 1/2 hours. Watching the community boards on the PS3 on the internet we have learned that people plan on getting in line as early as 8:00am Thurs. and they are not released untill Friday morning. Don't expect to just be able to go to the store and purchase one that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter