Playgrounds for a Toddler who won't Walk?

It absolutely true that there is a range of normal for hitting milestones. But not walking by 18 months puts a child outside of that range: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/milestones/milestones-18mo.html. Surely everyone agree that if a child isn't walking at some point an evaluation is called for? So how do you determine that age cut off? Maybe based on the generally accepted range of typical?

I have never met a parent who said they wished they had waited longer for an evaluation. I have met a few who said it turned out to be unnecspesary, but they still felt better safe than sorry. And I met a lot of parents (since my kid received services, I have met more parents of kids who received services than most people) who wished they had gotten their kid help sooner. I have heard repeatedly from therapists, educators and other parents that sooner is better when it comes to getting kids who are struggling with developmental issues help.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter