Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine

Jewelane

Earning My Ears
My 2 1/2 year old loves Playhouse Disney. I thought this would be a great way for him to meet characters for the first time.

We had a 12:20 lunch reservation and were seated quickly. We waited around until 2:00 hoping for a character to stop by. Jojo, Goliath and the Einsteins were walking around and interacting with children but there didn't seem to be any organization. They would start down our section and a song would start and they would be off dancing.They would then return to a different section. Other mothers were complaining as well.

The older kids (6 and up) in the restaurant had a blast getting up front and dancing with the characters. Maybe this is the point of play and dine. Did I misunderstand when I thought it was an opportunity to interact and get pics with the characters. :confused: I thought this would be geared towards the preschool set.

The food was good. But we left so disappointed. I just wanted to warn others.

We had the exact opposite expirience so I don't think you had the wrong idea. The characters did come around and sign books/pose for pics with the children. We thought it was a great expirience. I'm sorry you didn't have a great time

I had the same problem there. We dined at many Disney restaurants in our last trip but H&V was the only bad experience. We waited for so long for the characters to come around and were bypassed time and time again. It was just me and my 2 year old daughter and it was hard for her to watch them skip past us each time until eventually, just as we were about to leave, JoJo, Goliath and Stanley all came one on top of the other for a very rushed visit. We watched JoJo and other characters interact with the family across from us for a very long time *twice*, sitting and chatting with them for ages while we still waited and we came in before them. They did repeat visits to quite a few tables while leaving others with no visit at all. The food was great I agree. The service from staff and characters really bad.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. You're right - normally character meals are an opportunity to meet the characters and get autographs without having to wait in line. At the character meals we've been to, when the characters get sidetracked and have to leave the section they are visiting, they have always returned to where they left off and visited those tables they hadn't been to yet. I'm sorry that's not what happened during your character meal. Hopefully since people were complaining, they'll fix the problem.

Thats a shame. Esp for a tot this must be really frustrating. I considered planning H/V w my 2y old (and fam) this next trip, but decided against, just based on the fact that it would have been lunch inst of dinner:confused3 (and I do LOOOOOOVE 50s PT:love: )

The only neg exp I have had with char. dining was at CP in the late 90s. My dd really wanted to get a hug from Pooh, and as he was finally making his way to us (waving and everything) one of the other CMs took him by the arm and led him away:eek: :mad: She then came back w/ out him. Explained that Pooh was doing an engagement (I could tell from her voice and body language that I was supposed to be impressed, NOT!!!)

We had already finished eating, and were waiting for Pooh. DD was hoping he'd come right back after, but after the engagement, he started visiting the surrounding tables in that area insstead. DD was :sad1: and that ***** just told us matter of factly that disapointment is a part of life and she'll have to get over it:mad: I am not a violent person, but I sure wanted to let that woman have it:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter