Plastic Shopping Bags still?

I don't care how long the refund takes and that does not change my opinion at all.
the one I am thinking of took 5 business days to show and at the end of trip didn't get refunded until after we were home. had some unhappy kids as we couldn't get everything they wanted on way home. and yes I got the slip showing that they had refunded but didn't show back on my card from a Friday until Wednesday evening and we were home on Monday. may not change you but might save someone else from what happened to us

the one I am thinking of took 5 business days to show and at the end of trip didn't get refunded until after we were home. had some unhappy kids as we couldn't get everything they wanted on way home. and yes I got the slip showing that they had refunded but didn't show back on my card from a Friday until Wednesday evening and we were home on Monday. may not change you but might save someone else from what happened to us
Why does the time matter? You were refunded the money you paid.

Why does the time matter? You were refunded the money you paid.
we figured it would be right back on card cause it was right at the time so we got the kids some things before we left using some of money for trip home ended up being tight on way home that last night which was a couple of days before refund showed up

yes you can but your refund to your card could take up to a week to show up. I have found cards are quick to charge your card but slow to refund your money. even at that early point. the store is not going to give you cash back to a card sale
Unless you charged it to your room, then it would be an instant refund to your room.

Or if you paid cash, they would refund in cash.

Unless you charged it to your room, then it would be an instant refund to your room.

Or if you paid cash, they would refund in cash.
it was not Disney returning it was my bank taking that long . I had the slip from Disney showing they had refunded but it took 5 business days for my bank to return it to my card nothing Disney could do. it was charged at the store no charging the room. Disney did instant refund but it took 5 business days for it to show back as useable back on card

it was not Disney returning it was my bank taking that long . I had the slip from Disney showing they had refunded but it took 5 business days for my bank to return it to my card nothing Disney could do. it was charged at the store no charging the room. Disney did instant refund but it took 5 business days for it to show back as useable back on card
My point is if it was charged to the room and you were returning it immediately, it never would have hit your credit card in the first place, it would have been refunded to your room account.

The change (elimination of single-use plastic) is going to come. Resistance to the change will of course make the change messy. There's nothing Disney, Sandals, Delta, Big Y, Kroger, etc. should do to avoid the mess since the change can't happen unless they let the mess happen, and the more that they do to try to avoid the mess the longer the mess will continue. We'll all get past the mess and adapt ourselves to the change. "This, too, shall pass."

Last edited:
I live in Canada and most grocery stores here require you to pay for plastic bags if you want them, and a lot of stores in the mall are going that way as well. I bring my own bags or bins when I go grocery shopping or I just carry my stuff out (if I have a small amount of stuff). Honestly, I have SOOO many plastic bags at home that I can't use up quickly and we can't put them in our regular recycling bins, that I can't stand to get any more so I try to avoid getting more if I can. When we got grocery pick up from Walmart in Orlando, they literally put every item in its own separate plastic bag so we ended up with 30 bags! It was so ridiculous and wasteful! You get used to bringing your own or just pay 5 cents if you absolutely need it.

Reminds me of Aldi. When we first went there in England years ago before they started appearing more in the US, it was a shock to have to pay for each plastic bag. Still is unusual to have to pay for a bag. Give me the plastic ones anyday

The last time I was at Disneyland, I emptied my first shopping bag in the hotel room that night when I got back. I folded the bag up, slipped it into my park bag, and reused it the rest of the trip. If I made multiple purchases in one day, I'd put it all in that one bag. (I don't buy more than what can fit in one bag.) CMs didn't bat an eye. If anything, they thought it was a great idea and appreciated it.

I live in Canada and most grocery stores here require you to pay for plastic bags if you want them, and a lot of stores in the mall are going that way as well. I bring my own bags or bins when I go grocery shopping or I just carry my stuff out (if I have a small amount of stuff). Honestly, I have SOOO many plastic bags at home that I can't use up quickly and we can't put them in our regular recycling bins, that I can't stand to get any more so I try to avoid getting more if I can. When we got grocery pick up from Walmart in Orlando, they literally put every item in its own separate plastic bag so we ended up with 30 bags! It was so ridiculous and wasteful! You get used to bringing your own or just pay 5 cents if you absolutely need it.
Not sure if it's all of California or just the all the counties here in San Francisco Bay Area but bags are $0.25 if you don't bring your own. Most times I have a small collapsible bag with me.

My "reusable" bag tore about 5 minutes after I walked out of the shop. They are too thin.

Or you just order off of Amazon and have it delivered straight to you, which is what is happening a lot here in California since we implemented similar policies.

Or you just order off of Amazon and have it delivered straight to you, which is what is happening a lot here in California since we implemented similar policies.
Amazon in Canada isn't quite the same as it is in the US! Not nearly as many products and some of them are MUCH more expensive! Since my parents live in the US, we order a lot of stuff from Amazon.com and have it shipped to them even though we are Amazon.ca prime members!

My "reusable" bag tore about 5 minutes after I walked out of the shop. They are too thin.

This makes me so sad that Disney would sell products of this quality. It seems that there used to be a time when Disney took more pride in their quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter