• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

The living room space is about the same size as the bedroom space on the DS--- a little smaller, and the bath kitchen area is the same. The bedroom portion of the AS is almost completely additional.....

It has to be at least 100 sf bigger...which means no way in hell theyre the same points.

Unless there is like 4 of them to fit the structural steel like the "values" at animal kingdom...that's a possibility. Then it's like a rainbow unicorn from a practical standpoint.

That idea has been mentioned also. (akv values). They are thinking about 8 of them.

That idea has been mentioned also. (akv values). They are thinking about 8 of them.

That is the most likely scenario...and why they wouldn't charge more. Because they are a phantom in the inventory...of no value.

Used as a sales pitch though...hint and not deliver

Yeah...seems to be standard tactics...

I do like that they are doubling the number of units there...hopefully sales will struggle for a couple of years and the rest of we peasants will get to use them before they are overrun...

My guess...just a guess...is that estimated 12 or so danglers would have to be "concierge"...or whatever that nonsense is called now...

That's a good red herring sales tactic as well.

Yeah...seems to be standard tactics...

I do like that they are doubling the number of units there...hopefully sales will struggle for a couple of years and the rest of we peasants will get to use them before they are overrun...

My guess...just a guess...is that estimated 12 or so danglers would have to be "concierge"...or whatever that nonsense is called now...

That's a good red herring sales tactic as well.

So the studios at CBT will be mostly A studios-- and they will forgo the one bedroom option-- and have the A studios connecting like the PVB studios-- to make a sort of 2 bedroom..... ??? so the A2 Bedroom will cost the same as a regular one bedroom anywhere else.... plus the bit for the luxury of the A studios....

So the studios at CBT will be mostly A studios-- and they will forgo the one bedroom option-- and have the A studios connecting like the PVB studios-- to make a sort of 2 bedroom..... ??? so the A2 Bedroom will cost the same as a regular one bedroom anywhere else.... plus the bit for the luxury of the A studios....

...I'm following you...definitely a legitimate angle...

So here's the hook------ looking at the floor plans for the copper creek rooms-- there is a "alternate studio" which is closer to a one bedroom, with out the full kitchen--- They seem to indicate it will be at the same point value of the other studios....... Suppose about a third of the studios are these units at CBT .. Even though the buy in is the same, and the point charts are the same (as they are at CCV and whatever WL changed to) people will be able to get an upgraded studio stay (think family suites?) at CBT... IF they can book at 11 months..... which requires ownership.......

Same concept as not enough studios at VGF, Same concept as the bungalows loading the sellable point count at PVB.

I think this could sell CBT....and..

Gateway to converting the family suites....

To be honest, those alternative studios look amazing. I'd actually pay some serious coin (aka what disney charges) for access to those.

The old wilderness studios seemed small...these are a tad smaller.

The "purchased week" option is disgusting...contrary to the whole point of the whole program...

This is gonna be fondly referred to as "used to be a good thing" as time goes on...no doubt.

That article makes much effort to say that the "points are the same" as the previous wilderness lodge...

Sure...at 200% the cost.

...Disney gonna dis...

Gottu agree with the "Purchased week" thing, its BS, doesn't fit the model of the program, and devalues everyone else's points ...

Gottu agree with the "Purchased week" thing, its BS, doesn't fit the model of the program, and devalues everyone else's points ...

The whole point was not to make it some type of inflexible timeshare...and to have the members vary and participate in it.

So that set week stuff comes up in the negative in my book.

To be honest, those alternative studios look amazing. I'd actually pay some serious coin (aka what disney charges) for access to those.

I think as my hopped friend has pointed out...this could be the gateway to making the lower cost AofA type rooms into a DVC angle...

Little bigger...sleeps 5...no housekeeping...locked in business.

I think as my hopped friend has pointed out...this could be the gateway to making the lower cost AofA type rooms into a DVC angle...

Little bigger...sleeps 5...no housekeeping...locked in business.
Heck, depending upon how much space is in that living area, if they can fit a sofa and a chair, plus the tv, you could conceivably sleep 6 (2 bed, 2 sofa, 1 chair like BLT, 1 murphy). Totally think this lends itself towards the AoA people. Now, can they get people to part with the cash is going to be the question.

I agree that the rooms would be great. And the 2 bed with the A S makes a great adults room. Or with kids I guess-- something different for once. The low count of them at CCV will be the snag though-- if they fill CBT with them, I think it will sell. My DD just had her second dd and she was just saying she may need to upgrade to a one bedroom--- she loved the possibility of this new room.

The problem for me is that I'm not all that enamored with WL. Definitely will never pay 160 PP, and a room configuration doesn't do anything to change that. My DD will probably buy AKV resale, or I will buy more and "rent" them to her and the fam. Just wait until the gondola reaches there..... resale going up.

Last edited:
Heck, depending upon how much space is in that living area, if they can fit a sofa and a chair, plus the tv, you could conceivably sleep 6 (2 bed, 2 sofa, 1 chair like BLT, 1 murphy). Totally think this lends itself towards the AoA people. Now, can they get people to part with the cash is going to be the question.

Right-- i think they definitely will fit-- not sure about fire code-- with the double balcony they may be ok. Then you could fit GV volume in the 2bed....So not lower point count per stay, not lower buy in, but higher occupancy in less space..... and there is your sub deluxe... you don't have to over crowd your room, but if you want to, you can..... kind of like the poly.... and thinking about it, like all the refurbed 5 person studios......

Let's face it: this is what we have been beating around the bush about the whole time

As a family of 5 if there was a setup like that, where it was fairly comfortable for us to fit in a room that didn't need to be a mutual-room suite that would be attractive and if we were in position to consider buying into DVC would be a big motivator

I agree that the rooms would be great. And the 2 bed with the A S makes a great adults room. Or with kids I guess-- something different for once. The low count of them at CCV will be the snag though-- if they fill CBT with them, I think it will sell. My DD just had her second dd and she was just saying she may need to upgrade to a one bedroom--- she loved the possibility of this new room.

The problem for me is that I'm not all that enamored with WL. Definitely will never pay 160 PP, and a room configuration doesn't do anything to change that. My DD will probably buy AKV resale, or I will buy more and "rent" them to her and the fam. Just wait until the gondola reaches there..... resale going up.

Well yea, I think I was more thinking if they at this alt Studios at CBT, I am not a huge fan of WL. I mean, its beautiful and we love to go and visit for a meal once a trip, but we are from Canada, and we have a cottage, so for a vacation this does't seem like a break from our lives, but more of our same old. We aren't really that interested in WL itself. Just the room type :)

Well yea, I think I was more thinking if they at this alt Studios at CBT, I am not a huge fan of WL. I mean, its beautiful and we love to go and visit for a meal once a trip, but we are from Canada, and we have a cottage, so for a vacation this does't seem like a break from our lives, but more of our same old. We aren't really that interested in WL itself. Just the room type :)

Kinda like how me being a former resident in Florida and spent much time vacationing in he ACTUAL caribbean makes the theme of Caribbean beach repulsive?

So while this thread isn't about CCV, it seems like people are making comments so I will join in.

These "alternate studios" are likely primarily there because of a quirk in the architecture, but yes will primarily be used as a sales job. I also wonder if they are underestimating the number of studios that will be in place - with current point costs, a higher percentage of buyers buy-in for the studios. They discovered this with VGF and I would think there will be slightly more dedicated studios to come - otherwise the same issue will crop up here only worse because of the cabins... you might only have 10% of the available points in studios (70% or more in Cabins, 2 bedrooms and GV), while maybe 50% of the purchasing public is looking to stay in the studios. At the Poly, at least only 20% of the points are taken up by bungalows. I would be VERY nervous to buy here if I wanted a studio.

So while this thread isn't about CCV, it seems like people are making comments so I will join in.

These "alternate studios" are likely primarily there because of a quirk in the architecture, but yes will primarily be used as a sales job. I also wonder if they are underestimating the number of studios that will be in place - with current point costs, a higher percentage of buyers buy-in for the studios. They discovered this with VGF and I would think there will be slightly more dedicated studios to come - otherwise the same issue will crop up here only worse because of the cabins... you might only have 10% of the available points in studios (70% or more in Cabins, 2 bedrooms and GV), while maybe 50% of the purchasing public is looking to stay in the studios. At the Poly, at least only 20% of the points are taken up by bungalows. I would be VERY nervous to buy here if I wanted a studio.

See...that kinda thing doesn't bother me...but I'm old school.

A point is a point to me...and the "point" is to move around. Booking at the 11 month window sucks...frankly. If I wanted a timeshare...I would have gone someplace nicer...frankly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter