Planning Waterpark Visit this July???

L1211

Mouseketeer
Greetings experts, some advise needed please! We have our first Disney World vacation in about a decade planned for mid-July. During that decade, we have been to Hong Kong Disney three times and Disneyland/CA, but we have not visited Orlando other than for years of club volleyball tournaments that typically included Universal visits. We were scheduled to visit July 11 last year, but while the park opened THAT DAY, our hotel and flight canceled and Disney canceled the after hours event we were so looking forward to. So, the DD who planned this trip decided to repurpose the tickets (that were not refunded...) and make it her 21st birthday celebration - with plans to drink around the world! And so be it...

I’ve learned the new app and have been pretty good with ADRs- we have Rangland Road, Homecoming, Jaelo, Morimotto, House of blues secured with the 21st celebration planned at Wine Bar George. I’ve literally read everything here and watched YouTube videos to help my odds at securing a ROTR boarding group!

But I cannot figure out waterparks... I found where I can buy park passes, but not make a reservation. So how do I ensure we get to use said passes??? Do I wait till that day and pay at the entrance? I’m assuming if I don’t get the girls into the waterpark it would be too late to try a plan B given now advance reservation requirements and park limits.

Any planning hacks or suggestions? Thank you in advance!

No Advanced reservations required for the Water Parks.

Be at the Water Park when it opens or shortly thereafter and no worries.

That’s pretty much it. Blizzard Beach is the only one open right now, and I think it has only closed for capacity a few times. I imagine now that capacity has increased overall this won’t be an issue, but getting there early doesn’t hurt. I am crossing my fingers that Typhoon Lagoon opens soon as it’s our favorite, but no confirmed news yet.

That makes sense. I need to look up hours. Taking college students who are not early birds. But that lets us verify the weather is good before we buy passes. Thank you!!

That’s pretty much it. Blizzard Beach is the only one open right now, and I think it has only closed for capacity a few times. I imagine now that capacity has increased overall this won’t be an issue, but getting there early doesn’t hurt. I am crossing my fingers that Typhoon Lagoon opens soon as it’s our favorite, but no confirmed news yet.
We’ve never been to either. Any reason you like TL more? We’d planned a beach day with a drive but the girls have punted on that...

We’ve never been to either. Any reason you like TL more? We’d planned a beach day with a drive but the girls have punted on that...
A lot of people really love BB, but personally I appreciate the tropical theme over the winter/snow theme. Blizzard Beach is clever, but my heart is at Typhoon Lagoon! Excellent wave pool and I love Crush N Gusher.

A lot of people really love BB, but personally I appreciate the tropical theme over the winter/snow theme. Blizzard Beach is clever, but my heart is at Typhoon Lagoon! Excellent wave pool and I love Crush N Gusher.

Fully agreed. The theme and the wave pool is what we love the most.

OP, if you’ve never been to either and you love water parks, then you will love both. BB is far more about the rides and the thrills. Typhoon is far more about the wave pool (which is legendary), theming and atmosphere. Not to say BB is without theming, because their theming is incredible too. It just calls for more concrete then sand like at Typhoon, so our preference always goes to Typhoon. And not to say that Typhoon isn’t big on rides, because they have some great ones also. But in a direct comparison, ride for ride, I think BB beats out Typhoon in almost every way.

We actually have Typhoon Lagoon in our 2 week itinerary about 3 or 4 times, with backup plans in case they never open it. BB isn’t even in our consideration.

Fully agreed. The theme and the wave pool is what we love the most.

OP, if you’ve never been to either and you love water parks, then you will love both. BB is far more about the rides and the thrills. Typhoon is far more about the wave pool (which is legendary), theming and atmosphere. Not to say BB is without theming, because their theming is incredible too. It just calls for more concrete then sand like at Typhoon, so our preference always goes to Typhoon. And not to say that Typhoon isn’t big on rides, because they have some great ones also. But in a direct comparison, ride for ride, I think BB beats out Typhoon in almost every way.

We actually have Typhoon Lagoon in our 2 week itinerary about 3 or 4 times, with backup plans in case they never open it. BB isn’t even in our consideration.
Sounds like I have done more YouTube study to do! Need to check out TB for sure!! Thank you-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter