Planning on June 2012

canadiankim

DIS Veteran
Hello

Me :laundy:, DH :worship:, DS :banana:(11) & DD :cheer2: (9) went to IOA last year in October and did WWoHP and the rest of the park but now we are planning a trip with other family members :grouphug: and are hoping to go for the first two weeks of June 2012.

So my question is "how busy will the parks be? :confused3" I want to take the family to US, IOA, Wet n Wild, Busch Gardens and maybe a day at WDW. The most important for them is IOA.

We were there the first weekend of June this year and the crowds were really reasonable. We were also there for a weekend the end of last October and I would say the crowds were similar if not a bit less crowded. The earlier in June you go the less crowded it will be so I would expect your trip to be lovely at first and crowds to build over your two weeks. :goodvibes

Thanks thats great news for us. I think we will end up doing the parks during the week so to make the crowds even less (fingers crossed)

Countdown in on - just wished I knew how to get one of those counter things:confused3

Thanks so much for the help, I think I got it, lets try......

Who needs to be doing work, when we have the DIS..:banana:

If you go to your 'User CP' on the blue bar towards the top of this page it will take you to a page where you can 'edit your signature'. Pop that code in there and it will be at the bottom of all of your posts. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much, I have tried to do it and hope this post will show my new vacation countdown.

I love this Dis board and the help it gives.

We are going the same week. We are staying offsite and are hoping for lower crowds.

There are so many of us Me, DH, DS (11), DD (9), Big Sis, Her Hubbie, 2 nephews with girlfriends and Neice. 11 of us in total so we are renting a villa.

Can't wait as only my family have been before and the rest are real newbies.

Countdown is on!

We're going the same time too. We plan on flying in on May 30th or 31st and staying until June 10. School doesn't let out until the 31st but really it's just parties and movies they would miss. Heck they turn in all books and grades the week or two before.

Last year my DD (11 at the time) just didn't see the appeal of the HP books and couldn't really get into them. I told her that when she read all the Harry Potter books we would go to WWoHP and a Disney trip. Well, she started last Christmas and blazed through them and is now on the second read. We've had movie marathons and all she talks about is all things Potter.:rotfl:
She is obsessed! We are planning on heading down and hitting WWoHP first thing. I've got my fingers crossed that the last days of May will have lighter crowds. I've heard the crowds are crazy and we are staying off site..where I don't know yet (any ideas? looking for a nice resort type feel with a kitchen...me, DH, DD12 &DS5). If ya'll have any ideas of tips I'd love to hear them:)

Like I said we are staying in a private villa that was the cheapest option for us as we are 11. I have my sister and her family coming in from the UK and we are flying in from Ontario.

I am in the process of working out what is the best ticket options for us all, and thinking that maybe an AP for one or two of us and then the 10% discount for the rest would be a good option.

My niece (15) is the biggest HP fan of the family but we are all fans. DH, DD, & DS and I have all been to WWoHP last year in October so we are trying not to tell them too much so as not to spoil the experience for them.

Last year we stayed at the Royale Caribe Hotel which is a big hotel but very nice, no kitchen in the room but we did have a microwave and fridge - hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter