Planning Gone to Heck

Ginny Favers

DIS Veteran
I am loving all these plans that I see everyone posting, but the last time we went, because we were on DDP, I of course planned all our TS meals, but I also planned all our QS meals, too.

We were able to make our TS meals, despite our daughter coming down with a virus. However, our QS meals were blown to heck. I wanted to eat CHH, and no one wanted that, so we ate Pecos Bill instead. People were hungrier than I thought so we ate breakfast at the hotel instead of making it to Sunshine Seasons.

Do you actually plan-- and keep-- your QS meals? Or do you keep it kind of fluid?

Fluid!

We go where the family feels like eating. We already have TS meals planned, it makes is feel like we have more freedom.

Sometimes we eat at different CS locations for the same meal. We just share the different meals. Then we get to try more food.

I do have a mental list of locations I want to eat at. I do my best to guide them in the direction I want to go. Yup, I have powers like that!

;)

Fluid, mostly. We know what CS places we like, but we usually find something close to where we are when we get hungry.

In the past, we always plan TS meals and inevitably can not make it to or need to change 1 or 2 during our trip. So, I will cancel or change those ADrs as needed. As far as QS meals, I usually do not plan them. we just kind of grab something from whatever is closest when we get hungry. However, I have found that some of the deluxe resorts are lacking on QS options and maybe we should have planned to eat QS meal at park before retreating back to our resort. This is when the pool bar options become very attractive. Its like we forgot to eat but what the heck we can grab something and hang out at the pool bar and get a drink to help us sleep.

Fluid to us means that we will split up, or snag food from two locations, if needed. Columbia Harbor House is just too good to pass up so if hubby and son wanted somewhere else I would just go to CHH and let them go wherever.

In the months leading up to a trip, I keep a running list of new CS places I want try based on things I read here, food photos I see, etc. I try to make sure we get to a few new places each time, but it doesn't always happen. Sometimes the old favorites just win out. Sometimes we have good intentions but hunger wins out. For example, on our first day last trip, the plan was to grab a Soarin' FP then head to WS and try someplace new for lunch. Well, having been up since all hours of the morning, hunger won out and we headed straight to Sunshine Seasons (always a fave) because we had to eat right then.

We try to plan around where people like to eat, but, yeah, sometimes the plans have to change. I have some spots that I definitely want to hit on our family trips: Tangierine Café, CHH, Flame Tree... this does not always overlap with the rest of the family, but I've grabbed food at Flame Tree and then sat down with the rest of the family at Pizzafari. That, to me, is one of the beauties of QS dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter