Planning for January 2022

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi from Germany,

after nearly 2 years it is time for another planning.

We would like to go from January 03 until January 08.2022 onsite.

In the last couple of years we always booked the 20% and HB free offer but I guess to to Covid there will not be such an offer for quite a long time.

My thoughts are now to book a package and then perhaps HP extra. The other plan is to book only the package without HP and try to get a breakfast and dinner by myself.

What are your thoughts because I really do not know what to do at the moment?

I am a Shareholder and the 10% on package might help but the room only prices (with 25% shareholder benefit) will be too high I guess.

Thanks for your help

Take care
Thorsten

Well, last time I went I had all meals included, but it is something I'll just not repeat:
- Lines for the breakfast at the New Port were just unbelievable long (more than 45 minutes - 1 hour) everyday, and as there are no sit-down breakfast options in the park, you HAVE to get breakfast on your hotel or you lose it.
- Lunch and/or Dinner are good if you go everyday to sit-down restaurants. The price is better if you have the 1/2 board or full board than if you go by yourself. However, if you go to fast-food places, then it is not worth it.

For my future trips, I'll be doing easy breakfast at Starbucks or McDonalds, then a good lunch at a sitdown, and then a fast dinner anywhere around the park or the Disney Village. I might switch between fast lunch and sitdown dinner depending on the day.

As for going package or room only, I think it'll be better to get the package. The discount is less, but usually they do much better prices when they include the tickets, rather than getting room only and tickets separately.

What I would do is to make a reservation for the dates you'd like to go (before prices go up, as everything slowly returns to normal, more people are going and prices are always going up). DLP still has the Zen Guarantee, which means you can cancel with no fees and get a full refund up to 7 days in advance. If a new offer is made available that suits better, you can always cancel the reservation and switch to the new offer.

I am a 'breakfast-on-the-go' person. I am not that hungry in the morning anyway, and it takes away from park time, unless you have breakfast at 7:30 or earlier. I usually grab a muffin or something from the bakery around 9:30/10.

I don't remember the specifics, but as a shareholder, can't you go to Salon Mickey where they serve some breakfast items, or has this been discontinued?

Salon Mickey is still an option for a quick hot drink and a cookie. I still have this on my plan.

The breakfast lines are a good contra point. We stayed always at the Golden Forrest Club and there were no lines. Standing infront of the restaurant for more than 45 minutes with 10 minutes walking distance to the park would make me very nervous. This is a good point.

The HP would cost the 4 of us together 1.140,- Euro which seems a lot of money.

My plan at the moment is to book without HP.

:disrocks:

As a share holder I tend not to pay for meal plans. I use Salon Mickey for breakfast, they offer 2 items pp and juice and coffee/tea. You can get 10% off in Earl of Sandwich and 15% off in table service restaurants.
How do you get the 10% off packages? I wasn’t aware of this - do you have to make your booking by telephone?

Can you use it against any country’s offer? Is the number on their web page?
thank you, I didn’t know about this!

No...the number is not on the official webpage.

I guess that you can use the 10% with any country but not with an offer.

For example if there would be an 20% and free HP offer you can not use the 10% shareholder discount too.

But there are no such offers on any webpage right now and I guess they will not be available for quite some time.

What????

PANIC !! I want to book......:crazy2:

Only Suite at Hotel New York and Rooms at Santa Fe are available for the first week in January 2022?

:(

What????

View attachment 622859

PANIC !! I want to book......:crazy2:

Only Suite at Hotel New York and Rooms at Santa Fe are available for the first week in January 2022?

:(

The first week of January is usually the celebration of "The Three Kings" holiday in many EU countries (Les Rois Mages), therefore it is usually very very busy, so it is highly possible it almost all sold out for those dates.

I have booked a riverside room at the Santa Fe. Never been there before.

Everything else is sold out at the moment and perhaps we have the chance for an upgrade later.

Due to the closing of DLH and the winter breaks it seems to get very packed.

:crowded:

But I have a new ticker anyway!!!!

:smickey:

I love Santa Fe, i find the walk to and from the park very relaxing. And next to the river is a good spot.

Hello, for 1st Jan and 2nd Jan I'm looking to eat at Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe but can't see anything on their app - but also can't see them on any other day. Curious if anyone knows if these are fully booked or they're just walk in? Many thanks

Hello, for 1st Jan and 2nd Jan I'm looking to eat at Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe but can't see anything on their app - but also can't see them on any other day. Curious if anyone knows if these are fully booked or they're just walk in? Many thanks

As far as I know, both Rainforest Café and Olanet Hollywood are walk in, no Booking in advance.

I love Rain Forest Cafe, but Planet Hollywood I only did once. Service was slow (restaurant not full) and food was okay.

I love Rain Forest Cafe, but Planet Hollywood I only did once. Service was slow (restaurant not full) and food was okay.

yeah, not had best experiences there but for evening I do think there are few choices for kids (and wife) that don't eat fish or meat!

yeah, not had best experiences there but for evening I do think there are few choices for kids (and wife) that don't eat fish or meat!
Earl of sandwich? They also have pizza's and wraps nowadays. Plus they have machines to order with an easy function to customize if you don't like one or more ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter