Planning for BSM

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by Shadowfan, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:52 PM.

1. Shadowfan

Shadowfan Earning My Ears

We are doing one pre- and one post- night on BSM coming up end of May.
    The last day we have the park tickets I figure we’ll be pretty tired but I thought I could make a half-day touring plan to have some park time. How did you fare on the final day if you stayed post-ABD?

Might I have a prayer to do laundry amidst the activity of the trip? I’ve been on ABDs but this may be the first on which we have washing machine access (at Grand Californian). I would love to pack a bit lighter for my family.
    Thanks for any insight!

2. Miss SD

Miss SD Mouseketeer

The trip can be pretty exhausting, but we’ve still managed another half day in the parks before driving to San Diego to pick up our dog/continue visiting with family and friends. Of course, it’s better to eat breakfast as early as possible that morning so you have a jump on the crowds. I also recommend adding MaxPass to your tickets (if ABD doesn’t do it for you) to make the most of those extra park hours.

The laundry question is a tough one. You do have some on-your-own time during the DLR portion, but do you really want to spend it with a washing machine? Maybe ask the hotel to do it for you? (Expensive, yes.) I know how resentful I’d feel if I were the one hanging around a laundry room while the rest of my family is riding Guardians of the Galaxy or eating at Trader Sam’s.

CaliKris likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. hilarys

hilarys Hilary S

We did a full park day and night on the departure day and then stayed overnight and departed in the am. We are frequent Disneyland visitors and I cannot recommend Max Pass enough. It really helps maximize your day.

I did not do any laundry on this trip. There were two afternoons when we had free time and we spent a little time at the pool when it would be possible, but I am not sure how busy the machines get - i would hate to get tied up waiting to get a machine and miss out on other fun activities.

Hilary

5. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

We did a full park day on the last ABD day, then almost another full day the next. (DD is CM and got us admission) We had red eye flights that night. I wouldn't waste time on laundry.

6. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

I agree with what others have said. Get Max Pass if ABD doesn't have it preloaded for you. And try to avoid doing laundry. It was definitely a bit of a culture shock touring around without ABD. You get spoiled for sure.

SingingMom likes this.
  7. Shadowfan

Shadowfan Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies!

This will be our first trip to Disneyland. I will plan a full park day & we’ll try as much as we can (without the guides:( Maxpass sounds like a must.
    I won’t do laundry, but I may send it out. It might be worth it for me.

sayhello likes this.
  8. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

ABD gives you FPs for your OYO time - but we were disappointed because FP isn't available on as many attractions as in WDW. Definitely a different park experience!