Planning ahead: Windsor Hills March 09. Some questions...

nessz79

DIS Veteran
I told my family that I would love to have a short trip for my 30th birthday next year. I have 2 boys, my husband, and I would like my mom and in-laws to come, too. So I'm thinking a house/villa with at least 4 bedrooms (maybe 5 or 6 would be better to be safe in case we invite more).

How far ahead can I reserve something and who is safe to go through? We would be staying the last few days of March and/or the beginning of April for about 4 nights.

We'll get the Florida resident 3 day passes and go to the parks for a few hours each day and take it slow. Since we live 3.5 hours away, we've been to Disney enough that we don't have to see it all, so we can devote some time to the resort. What are some ideas around the resort?

Thanks very much in advance!

Just some initial thoughts. Don't wait too long to look into this. Many guests that go this year will automatically reserve their homes next year so it would be wise to start looking now and make some contact with home owners. Use the VRBO.com site as you can speak with the home owners directly. It might be tough try to rent for 4 days though given this is a busy rental time for them and they know they can rent out by the week.

Windor Hills is ok - we spent literally no more than 2 hours at the club house the entire 2 weeks we were there given we have a luxury 6 bedroom home with our own pool so the kids wanted to be there. The playground was cute but it was too hot to spend time there during the day. But it is a lovely club house and resort - we just would rather be sipping wine by the pool in our own backyard.

We actually enjoy spending evenings at the Disney Resorts - watching firewarks from the beach at Polynesian or stolling the streets of Boardwalk in the evening, or going for ice cream at Grand Floridian. These are great little outings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter